Applications for DUO-Sweden Fellowship Programme 2021 are now open. It was established in 2010 to promote exchanges of people between Sweden and 21 Asian countries. In this respect, DUO-Sweden requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students be exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
It is for exchange projects. Those who are planning to exchange in the spring semester of 2022(January – August 2002) shall apply for DUO Sweden 2021-2022. The duration of the fellowship is limited to one semester.
Students: undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in universities
All applicants shall maintain their “student status” at the time of application until they are engaged in the exchange. The scholarship is only available for those who will study full-time during their exchange period.
Some key details about the fellowship
April – May
May – June
Selection Committee organised by Swedish UHR
Email and Hard Copies of Notification
The DUO-Sweden Fellowship will be paid directly by the Secretariat to the bank accounts of selected students who participate in the exchange program. There are no restrictions in using the fellowship. It can finance the tuition and living or travel expenses.
- The educational institution in Sweden applies on behalf of both intuitions’ and people participating in the exchange.
- Individuals wishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices like the International relations office of the educational institutions to apply for the program.
Due to this unique nature of this program, to be eligible, the following are required:
Your exchange fulfils all three requirements below:
- An educational institution in Sweden (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) should cooperative entirely in the arrangement of this program and provide precise information required of the Asian applicants.
- The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and the Asian host institution has accepted such selection; and
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution. The same Swedish home institution had accepted such selection.
- Brunei Darussalam
- New Zealand
The Duration and the Amount of the DUO-Sweden Fellowships
DUO-Sweden 2021/2022 will start from August 2021 and end before September 2022 to avoid duplication of the implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Sweden in the ensuing years. The selection of DUO-Sweden 2021/2022 happens ONLY once a year.
The amount of the fellowships is standard as follows:
3,500 Euros for Asian student and 3,500 Euros for Swedish students in a pair in a high-income country. And for Middle and Low-income countries, the Asian student gets 4,000 Euros, and the Swedish student gets 3,000 Euros.
The exchange duration should be at least one semester, and the scholarship is only available for those studying full-time (minimum 16 weeks). If a semester is longer than four months in the visiting institution, a fellowship will be given four months.
How to Apply?
The authorities will accept applications from April 12 through May 20, 2021, at local Swedish time.
Applications sent or posted after May 20, 2021 (GMT+1) will not be accepted.
One must follow the following process for the application:
- Filling out an online application Form ONLY
- A copy of cooperation agreement (or Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutions OR declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Swedish Higher Education Institution
- A scanned copy of the passport of paired applicant
- A copy of the transcript of paired applicants (should include the grades until fall semester 2020)