Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Pakistan (Global UGRAD Exchange Program in the USA) is one of the best exchange programs in the world. The duration of the US exchange program for Pakistani students is 4-5 months. This Exchange Program in the USA is a fully-funded scholarship opportunity and a life-changing experience.
The United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs launched the first Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in 2010. (ECA). It happens once a year for a short time but leaves an indelible impression on the participants.
All participants land in the United States of America as cultural Ambassadors of Pakistan. The significant part is that all participants get the chance to learn not only academics but also cross-cultural understanding. Each year around 230 participants are selected, half for the fall semester and a half for spring.
Global UGRAD Pakistan 2022 in the USA
These are the critical details of this exchange program in the USA
- United States of America
- International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
- The program in Pakistan is administered by the United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and the United States by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
- 25 years
Type of Program
- Semester Exchange Program
UGRAD Program Duration
- Four months (One Semester)
Benefits of Global UGRAD Exchange Program 2022 in the USA
These are some of the reasons why you should opt for the UGRAD exchange program in the USA
- A grant funds tuition
- A stipend for the textbooks
- An airfare
- A living stipend will be provided.
- Accommodation will be provided.
- Health insurance will also be covered.
Eligibility Criteria of Global UGRAD Program Pakistan 2022 in the USA
These are the requirements you need to comply with
- A candidate must be a citizen of Pakistan
- They should be 25 years or younger
- A candidate must enrol in an undergraduate program and committed to returning to the home country after the program completion.
- They must have strong leadership qualities.
- A candidate must be enthusiastic about learning about the culture of the United States.
- They must have an excellent academic record, awards, community activities, and academic achievements.
- A candidate would be prioritised who has never travelled abroad on any scholarship program.
- A candidate must be good at English.
How can you apply to this UGRAD exchange program in the USA?
Below mentioned is how you can enrol with the UGRAD exchange program in the USA for the academic year 2021-2022.
- A candidate must check the eligibility criteria first before applying.
- A candidate should visit the official website to create an account for an application.
- Application has many sections and can be quickly filled in chunks.
- An application requires scanned documents to be uploaded.
- A candidate should apply online. No application by post will be accepted.
These documents are compulsorily required
- Photocopies of transcripts
- Achievement certificates
- CNIC copy
The application deadline for the Global UGRAD Program Pakistan 2022 is April 28, 2021.
Here, we have answered some questions for your ease.
Q1. What is the UGRAD program?
Ans. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) brings future leaders to the United States to experience U.S. higher education, gain critical professional skills, and explore new cultures and values. Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities.
Q2. How do I apply for an exchange program?
Ans. To get started with an exchange program, you will need to contact a student exchange agency and look for its programs. The exchange agency helps you in the steps to apply for an exchange program at a school or university and finds a host family for you in your host country.
Q3. How much does an exchange year cost?
Ans. The cost for the international exchange program varies as both the global and U.S. partner organisations charge fees. While it’s dependent on the country, “an average cost would be between $8,000 to $10,000 a year for a student to pay, and this would include both sides of the ocean.”
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had. Furthermore, you can contact our counsellors here at ForeignAdmits for any assistance you require.