The most popular and prestigious exchange program, Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Pakistan, is now open for applications. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. It is a fully-funded scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at an assigned U.S. college or university.
Global UGRAD Program 2022
The Global UGRAD is for All Nationalities holders, but this year it is precisely for Pakistani students. The duration of the US exchange program for Pakistani students is 4-5 months. The first Global Undergraduate Exchange Program started back in 2010. It occurs every year for a short time. The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) oversees the initiative in Pakistan, while the International Research and Exchanges Board manages it in the United States (IREX). It is a semester exchange program.
If you are an undergraduate student, possess leadership qualities, engage yourself with community service, and love to learn different cultures and values, then you must apply for this. It is a cultural exchange non-degree program where you will represent as Ambassadors of Pakistan many professional and cultural activities. Participants’ travels from one state to another, welcome by their host families. Each year, around 230 participants are selected, half for the fall semester and a half for spring. The duration of this program is for four months that is equal to a semester.
- A candidate must be a citizen of Pakistan.
- The maximum age limit of a candidate is 25 years.
- They must be good at English.
- A candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- A candidate must return to the home country after the program completion.
- They must have an excellent academic record, awards, community activities, and academic achievements.
- A candidate who has never travelled abroad on any scholarship program would be prioritised.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- A candidate must check the eligibility criteria first before applying.
- They should visit the official website to create an account for an application.
- A candidate should apply online.
- All the documents uploaded should be scanned.
- Only selected students must provide Reference Letters and a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current academic institution.
- According to USEFP, this is a national program. However, women, people with disabilities, are highly encouraged to apply.
- Photocopies of transcripts
- Achievement certificates
- CNIC copy
- You must also submit an SoP; it is a statement that focuses on the student’s future goals who want to get the scholarship or fellowship to study further. So make sure that you write your SoP by yourself.
This program covers:
- A stipend for the textbooks
- It provides Accommodation
- Full tuition fees
- Provides Allowance for books
- Grant funds tuition
- It will provide a living stipend.
- Health insurance is also covered
- Travel cost to and from the United States
- Monthly maintenance allowance for the duration of the program
The application deadline for the Global UGRAD Program Pakistan 2022 is April 28, 2021.
1. What are the requirements for the Global UGRAD program?
Students must adhere to the host campus code of conduct and the terms and conditions of the Global UGRAD program. Participants must remain in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA. Failure to meet these requirements may result in dismissal from the Global UGRAD program.
2. What does the global undergraduate exchange program do?
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) brings future leaders to the United States to experience U.S. higher education, gain critical professional skills, and explore new cultures and values.