The GRE waiver request letter becomes important when you have a low GRE score or couldn’t give the exam due to some serious health, or personal issues. You have to explain to the university why you were not able to provide the GRE score in the application. You have to convince the authority that why you’re still a good fit for the program.
How to write a GRE waiver request letter?
Divide the letter into 3 parts
- First – Greet the reader and state you’re requesting for the GRE to be waive. Be polite while requesting.
- Body – divide this section into 2 paragraphs at least, mentioning the years of experience and expertise you have in a particular field. It is preferred to have at least 8-10 years of prior work experience to the best of your knowledge in the field you want to get into.
- Conclusion – thank the reader for their valuable time and reading till the conclusion part and wind up with a positive note.
Points to remember –
- Use correct grammar.
- Use formal language, as you are requesting.
- Be polite and genuine.
- Be mindful.
- Proofread 2-3 times.
- Check spellings.
- Check the name of the reader( if you know ) correctly before addressing it.
- Take experts’ help if required.
- Avoid using words like ” I’m” instead use ” I am.”
Eligibility for a GRE waiver-
- Must have a graduate-level degree.
- Possess at least 10 years of prior work experience.
- Have achieved a good GRE score previously (5 years ago)
An example to write a GRE waiver request letter –
To the XYZ university/concerned authority.
I hope you are doing well, I am so thankful to you that you are reading my piece of the letter even after receiving tons of letters. I am writing this letter after receiving the rejection letter due to my incomplete application. The reason I could not submit my GRE score as my health was not sound. I was diagnosed with dengue. I would like to request a waiver for the GRE for this reason.
Firstly, to the best of my knowledge, I understand that the institution has some terms and conditions including the submission of a GRE score to acknowledge the capability of the student. Because of which I am ready to accept any entrance examination or test you would like to conduct to test my abilities.
Secondly, I have 7+ years of work experience as a business analyst ( Xyz profession ) in Walmart ( Xyz company ) and also I have done a 1-year internship as a business analyst in Amazon ( Xyz company). I feel I am educated enough to be a part of your esteemed university. I request you to please consider me as I am really passionate about the (Xyz) course and looking forward to making a career out of it.
With that note, I would like to thank you for your time and for reading this. I request you to please inform me of the decision the authority has made.
Apart from all this, we understand that writing a request letter can be overwhelming, what words to use, how much to use. ForeignAdmits experts will solve that for you as well.