This Blog Includes :
- 1 ITI Scholarship at a Glance
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for ITI Scholarship
- 3 How to Apply
- 4 ITI Scholarship Centres
- 5 The Stipend Program
- 6 FAQs About ITI Scholarship
- 6.0.1 Q1. I want to join one ITI Scholarship center, why do I have to mention two?
- 6.0.2 Q2. Is it necessary for non-native speakers to submit a Language Proficiency Certificate?
- 6.0.3 Q3. Can I apply for an ITI Scholarship while pursuing my postgraduate training?
- 6.0.4 Q4. Do I need to post anything to the ITI headquarters for my application?
- 6.0.5 Q5. What format shall I upload my documents in?
Studying dentistry abroad is every dentistry student’s dream. However, it can cost a fortune. Thus, many medical students are hesitant to pursue dentistry abroad. In such a case, the International Team for Implantology (ITI) Scholarship Program comes as a rescue. ITI Scholarship is a scholarship program for students who are interested in gaining knowledge and experience in implant dentistry from abroad.
ITI Scholarship at a Glance
- Every year, the ITI Scholarship offers up to 25 scholarships.
- The application portal opens from June 1st to June 30th each year.
- Founded in 1998, it helps scholars gain a global experience in the field of dentistry with the help of international exchange programs and professional recognition through marketing.
- The ITI scholarship program largely focuses on implantology, prosthetics and orthotics.
- Since its beginning, the program has helped more than 400 scholars from 50 different countries all around the globe.
- The selected scholars spend one year at one of the ITI Scholarship Centers spread all over the world.
Eligibility Criteria for ITI Scholarship
You need to fulfil some professional and documentation requirements to stand eligible to apply for ITI Scholarship. Get in touch with ForeignAdmits and get your profile evaluated and seek career guidance.
For the professional requirements, you need:
- Firstly, BDS/DDS degree or a diploma of same value
- Secondly, 3 years of clinical experience as a dentist with an experience in implant studies OR 2 years of postgraduate training in a specialized dental sector like prosthetics, oral surgery, implantology etc.
- Next, postgraduate applicants still in the training may apply for the scholarship if their training is bound to be completed by the time scholarship year stars.
- Also, ome scholarship centers require language proficiency certificates for international students. Please check individual ITI scholarship centers for more details.
- Lastly, you must have an inclination toward education and teaching.
For the documentation process, you will need to keep the following documents ready. Also, please note that all documents (except your photograph) should be signed by hand and uploaded in the form of PDFs:
- A copy of your passport or other valid photo ID
- A passport-sized picture in JPG format.
- A signed letter of no more than 2 pages stating what benefit you think you could get from the ITI Scholarship program and how it’s going to affect your future. Check the guidelines for the letter here.
- 2 recent (the same year) letters of recommendation signed by a professor or an ITI personnel.
- A language certificate for non-native speakers (if necessary)
How to Apply
If you have all the required documents ready, then open the application portal for ITI Scholarship Program and apply. The important dates and deadlines for it are as follows:
|The application process begins||June 1st|
|The application process ends||June 30th|
|Screening of applications||July|
|Final communication of application status||Last week of February|
|Starting of Scholarship year||September 1st|
|End of Scholarship year||August 31st|
ITI Scholarship Centres
There are a total of 23 Scholarship centers all around the world that fosters international students from more than 50 countries. The students are required to select any two centers according to their order of preference.
Each scholarship center has its own ITI Scholarship Program and special requirements. To make sure your application does not get rejected, make sure you check the requirements of the Scholarship Center you are applying for.
ITI Scholarship Centers are as follows:
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Boston MA, USA)
- University of Zurich (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology (Beijing, China)
- University of Belgrade (Belgrade, Serbia)
- Eastman Dental Hospital (Rome, Italy)
- University of Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Complutense University of Madrid and University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital/University of Toronto (Toronto, Canada)
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University (Tokyo, Japan)
- University Hospital Munster (Munster, Germany)
- Indiana University School of Dentistry (Indianapolis IN, USA)
- University of Bern (Bern, Switzerland)
- National Autonomous University of Mexico (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Malmo University (Malmo, Sweden)
- University of Florida (Gainesville FL, USA)
- Johannes Gutenberg University Medical Center (Mainz, Germany)
- University of Connecticut (Farmington CT, USA)
- Medical University Graz (Graz, Austria)
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (Boston MA, USA)
- University of Geneva (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai, China)
- University of Michigan (Michigan MI, USA)
- QMUL, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, The Royal London Dental Hospital (London, UK)
The Stipend Program
The stipend allotted to each student depends upon the ITI Scholarship Centre they got selected in. Here is the list of countries and the stipend granted to them:
FAQs About ITI Scholarship
Q1. I want to join one ITI Scholarship center, why do I have to mention two?
A1. Applicants need to mention two ITI Scholarship programs because ITI does not guarantee allocation in the centre of your choice even if your application gets approved. Moreover, the preference of the ITI Scholarship Center is subject to the availability of seats.
Q2. Is it necessary for non-native speakers to submit a Language Proficiency Certificate?
A2. It is not mandatory to submit a language certificate. Though, some ITI Scholarship Centers ask for a language proficiency certificate at the beginning of the scholarship year. Thus, please check the individual scholarship centres for more details.
Q3. Can I apply for an ITI Scholarship while pursuing my postgraduate training?
A3. Yes, you can apply while doing your postgraduate training. However, it is necessary to complete your training before the scholarship year starts.
Q4. Do I need to post anything to the ITI headquarters for my application?
A4. No, ITI Scholarship application process is online and you do not need to post anything to the ITI headquarters. Follow the guidelines given in the application to not get it rejected.
Q5. What format shall I upload my documents in?
A5. You need to have all of your documents signed, in the form of PDF. Except for the picture, it needs not be signed and should be in JPG format. Moreover, all your PDF files should be less than 5 MB so make sure you resize them before uploading or your application could be rejected.