This Blog Includes :
- 1 M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States – Which one should you opt for?
- 2 DURATION OF THE COURSE
- 3 CORE STRUCTURE – M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States
- 4 SYLLABUS – M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States
- 5 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States
- 6 ADMISSION CRITERIA –
- 7 INVESTMENT IN TERMS OF FEES
- 8 JOB PROFILES
- 9 SAVINGS
- 10 HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO SECURE A JOB?
- 11 TOP COLLEGES
M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States – Which one should you opt for?
Each student in the last year of their graduation has this dilemma of what to pursue further in their master’s degree. Moreover, they contemplate various degree courses after graduation. For example, they don’t know whether to choose M.Tech In India vs MS In The United States. As a result, we have attempted to safely distinguish master courses for a Btech graduate. Consequently, if you have questions like which one of M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States should you pursue, we have got it all covered for you in the feature. In short, let’s take a constructive look at these courses parameter wisely.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
M.tech in India – 2 years
MS in the USA – One can finish in less than 2 years.
CORE STRUCTURE – M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States
M.tech in India – Firstly, M.Tech is a highly specialized course in the field of engineering. As a result, the semester system is followed in India that spreads across four semesters with practicals on respective subjects. Consequently, if you really want to stay in India, M.TECH should be your choice.
MS in the USA – To start with, Masters in Science is a terminal degree program designed to prepare the students for more advanced and productive careers in the industry. As a result, in this program, the students are taken through the course of great support facilities through training, workshops, practice courses, and orientations. Consequently, they gain more practical knowledge rather than just theoretical. For example, students become practically equipped along with theories.
SYLLABUS – M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States
M.tech in India – First of all, the Syllabus of M.Tech in India is accordingly followed by the Subjects, as selected in the Universities. As a result, here the semester System is followed for the Examination. For example, the Examinations are a devised mix of practical and theory tests.
MS in the USA – To start with, the syllabus for MS in the States is determined by the universities following the established standards of the universities. As a result, the MS classes weigh higher on the technical orientation and deeply focus on developing skills like analytical and problem-solving through extensive lab work and scientific research. For example, students get more hand on practice along with theories.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – M.TECH in India v/s MS in the United States
ADMISSION CRITERIA –
M.tech in India –
- Firstly, admissions in this program are purely done through the national level or state level entrance exam.
- As a result, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the examination that will get you in the IITs. It is an all India level examination.
- For example, these scores are also popularly accepted by many reputed engineering institutions in the country
- Consequently, your goal should be to score high.
MS in the USA –
- Admission to the MS study program is extremely selective; there are numerous qualified applicants than there are places in the program.
- The universities pool for convincing reasons, to admit the applicant, with a strong statement of reason, letters of suggestion, test scores, and GPA, which are all reviewed cautiously.
- Having a strong scholar background in computer science, including C programming, is extremely recommended for candidates.
- Apart from these, Standardized tests score (like GRE) and English Language Proficiency Score (like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE) are needed.
INVESTMENT IN TERMS OF FEES
M.tech in India – The investment here is comparatively lesser here. The total fee for the course will be Rs. 30,000 per year.
MS in the USA – If you are opting for MS in the States, it will cost you a lot more than going for M Tech in India. But you can recover that money within months after completion of MS. The fees for MS in the States can range from 17 lakhs – 33 lakhs.
M.tech in India – After completing the M.Tech in India, so the following job profiles will be available to you:
- Software developer
MS in the USA – After availing the MS degree from USA, these job profiles will be accessible to you:
- Business Analyst
- Business Application Developer
- IT Consultant, Systems Analyst
- IT Development Project Leader
- Database Administrator
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Systems Developer
- Database Analyst
- Web Developer
M.tech in India – Average salaries of M.tech graduates from various institutes of India ranging from 2.5 to 6.0 lakhs per annum.
MS in the USA – Average Salary of an MS graduate in the USA will range from 60 k – 100 k.
M.tech in India – After taxes and living expenses one may save around 2 lakhs in a year.
MS in the USA – After taxes and the living expenses they may save at least 40k/year, and which is equivalent to the 18 lakh Indian rupees.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO SECURE A JOB?
M.tech in India – Most of the Indian companies will give joining dates after 6 months of completion of the degree.
MS in the USA – If you get a permanent job in the USA, you might get a joining date within 2 to 3 months and if you join a consultancy for training it could take a total of 5 months to get a job after completion of the degree.
|Ranking||M.Tech in India||MS in the USA|
|1||Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras||Bentley University|
|2||Indian Institute Of Technology, Bombay||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|3||Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur||Stanford University|
|4||Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi||Harvard University|
|5||Indian Institute Of Technology, Kanpur||Golden Gate University|
|6||Indian Institute Of Technology, Roorkee||Dakota State University|
|7||Indian Institute Of Technology, Guwahati||The University of Texas at Dallas|
|8||Anna University, Chennai||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|9||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||New York Institute of Technology|
|10||Indian Institute Of Technology, Hyderabad||University of Southern California|