The Australian government has been accepting highly talented and motivated students since 2017. It is a master’s and doctorate-level research training programme. Every student has the opportunity to work with international supervisors and learn about research skills, ethics, and the most up-to-date techniques.
The Australian National University Scholarship outlines the processes, conditions, and standards of the Australian Government’s Research Training Program (RTP). The Australian National University Research Awards Rule 2016 will govern all scholars’ work.
The Commonwealth Department of Education and Training provides funding to Australian universities each year to support talented students. National and international students are invited to apply for Australian National University Scholarships 2021, which will award them research scholarships. The Australian National University (ANU) scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship programme. The Australian National University is the best in Australia.
In Australia, this is a once-in-a-lifetime research opportunity. Scholars will be able to work on a variety of problems and present their creative solutions. Furthermore, students will be able to develop cross-cultural awareness.
Australian National University Scholarships 2021
Here are some critical details of the Australian National University scholarship 2021:
Australia will be hosting this scholarship in 2021.
The hosting university is the Australian National University (ANU).
The scholarship will be awarded at the following programs:
- Master’s Research Training Program
- PhD Research Training Program
Areas of Study
The scholarship is available in these areas of study:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Business and Economics
- Engineering and Computer Science
The scholarship monetary value is:
- $28,597 per annum
Benefits of Australian National University Scholarships 2021
These are some of the advantages of this scholarship:
- Travel allowances will be provided.
- A tuition fee waiver will be provided.
- A thesis allowance will be provided.
- Maternity, Paid medical, and parental leave will be covered.
- A living allowance will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria of Australian National University Scholarships 2021
There are some criteria with which the candidates need to comply with. They are mentioned below:
- All international and domestic students can apply.
- A candidate has to be enrolled in an accredited HDR course.
- They should not be receiving funding from another source.
- A candidate should not be receiving any income to support his or her living expenses.
How to Apply for ANU Scholarships 2021
There are two ways to apply to this scholarship:
- For Commencing students:
Eligible candidates will not be required to apply for this scholarship. Specifically, they will be considered while applying for the course or program at ANU.
- For Continuing students:
All interested candidates need to submit the “Request for a Current ANU Student to be considered for an HDR Scholarship” application form to their Academic College.
There are four different deadlines this year to apply;
- 2021 Round 2 International and Domestic will be closing on 15 April 2021
- 2022 Round 1 International will be closing on 31 August 2021
- Round 1 (2022) Domestic will be closing on 31 October 2021
- 2022 Round 2 International and Domestic will be closing on 15 April 2022
Here, we have answered some questions for your ease.
Q1. Is it hard to get into Australian National University?
Ans. Admission to ANU is competitive as the acceptance rate stands at nearly 35 %. ANU offers 56 undergraduate programs, 120+ postgraduate, and various professional development programs through its seven academic colleges.
Q2. Can applicants still apply if they don’t meet the English language criterion?
Ans. Yes. However, they must meet the specific English Language Proficiency requirements by the application deadline of their preferred round of intake. If students apply and provide all documentation in the first round of an intake, they will have up to three opportunities for assessment, which give them the best chance to receive an offer to study at ANU.
Q3. How are applicants assessed for the scholarship?
Ans. Applicants are assessed on three successive stages.
- First Stage: Complete Eligibility Check evaluating minimum admission requirements
- Second Stage: Ranking of applicants against others applying for the same course in the same round
- Third Stage: Outcomes and Offers
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.