The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the world’s largest and most
prestigious international scholarship schemes. The CSC awards around 700 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
Masters degree programmes are eligible for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships. Every year, the UK government awards this scholarship to highly talented and financially needy students. After completing their studies, all scholars are committed to serving their home country.
Here are some critical details about the commonwealth shared scholarships in the United Kingdoms
Universities of UK (should be selected by the candidate before applying)
Masters Degree Program
The scholarship’s goal is to prepare scholars to become skilled professionals in their chosen fields. Through his Masters programme, a candidate must have a desire to contribute to the development of his home country.
This is a fully-funded international scholarship in the UK that would cover tuition fees, travel allowance, stipend, medical insurance, and warm clothes allowance.
Development Themes of CSC Scholarship
The commonwealth’s scholarship development themes are as given below
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
Candidates from the below countries are eligible to be a part of this scholarship.
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
Candidates must comply with the following criteria to be eligible for the commonwealth shared scholarship in the UK
- A candidate may either be a refugee, British Protected Person, or a permanent citizen of eligible commonwealth countries.
- A candidate must be motivated and committed to start the degree either physical or remotely in September or October 2021.
- They must hold a Bachelors degree before September 2021.
- A candidate should not have spent one year for work or studies in high-income countries.
- A candidate should not be able to afford the UK studies.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship provides various benefits to eligible candidates. They are mentioned below
- Airfare will be provided.
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Stipend for living allowances will be provided.
- Warm clothing allowance (if eligible)
- The study travel grant will be provided
- Excess baggage allowance
- Reimbursement for medical tests will be provided.
- Extra allowance for is single parent, widowed or divorced as child allowance.
This is how you can apply to the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship in 2021
- A candidate needs to first apply for an academic Masters degree program in an eligible university.
- One needs to secure admission while applying for the scholarship.
- A candidate can apply for a shared commonwealth scholarship on the official website of CSC’s online application system.
- A candidate can apply for more than one course in more than one university but will only be granted a scholarship for one university.
While applying to this scholarship, you need the following documents
- Academic transcripts
- Two Reference letters
- Proof of Residency
- All interested candidates can apply till 9th April 2021 (16.00 GMT).
Here, we have answered some questions for your ease.
Q1. When can I apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
Ans. Annual deadlines for applications are usually in December. Check the scholarship page you are interested in at the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website to see dates when they are announced for 2021/22.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.