In 1993, the Korean government established a research-oriented institute, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, that assists students to advance their knowledge in Science and Technology under the pioneers. Students would foster their leadership skills and research tools.
Candidates at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) would study a fully-funded South Korea scholarship. The GIST Masters degree scholarship program would take two years to complete, whereas the GIST PhD scholarship program would take four years.
Just like KAIST, UST, SNU, Korea University, GIST is also one of the top universities in South Korea. The Gwangju university scholarship, Korea, is one of the best scholarships in Asia.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship in Korea in 2021 is now open. 300 GIST Korea Scholarships available for Masters/MPhil and PhD and MS leading to PhD for Fall 2021 The GIST International Scholarship in Korea offers Master Degree Programs, PhD. Degree Programs, Integrated MS., and PhD. Program. Study in South Korea can be your next destination after the US, Canada, and Australia.
GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2021 Details
Here are the critical details of the GIST Scholarship 2021
- South Korea
- Masters degree program
- PhD degree program
- Integrated MS and PhD Program
Degree Programs Offered
Degree programs in the following field are available under the scholarship 2021
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
Scholarship Coverage of the GIST Scholarship 2021
The GIST scholarship 2021 would cover the following for the candidate
- Tuition fee waiver, 3,415,000 won per semester.
- For M.S. student’s allowance 140,000/month
- For PhD student’s allowance 295,000/month
- Meal allowance, 100,000/month (For Students who complete at least nine credits in the previous semester of MS or PhD)
- International student allowance 120,000/month (who holds a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the previous semester)
- Health Insurance
- Flight reimbursement
- Research assistantship would be provided to the students who participate in research projects.
You need to comply with the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants from all around the world can apply with any nationality
- Must hold a Bachelors’ Degree if applying to Master Program.
- Must hold a Masters’ Degree if applying to the Doctoral Program.
- Read South Korea Scholarship Guidelines before applying on their official website.
How to Apply for the GIST Scholarships in 2021 in South Korea?
This is the procedure to be followed when applying to the GIST scholarship
- A candidate should apply online.
- All required material should be sent to GIST by mail.
- Wait for the email of the results.
- Selected candidates would submit enrolment documents and matriculation fees.
- A candidate would apply for the student’s visa.
Candidates do not need to send their Documents by Post to GIST University. Due to the global pandemic ‘COVID19. Now you can easily convert your all Documents into PDF, and you can send them through email.
- Statement on Application Documents Submission [Form1]
- Certificate of Bachelors Degree or Bachelors Diploma
- Bachelors Degree Transcript
- Certificate of Masters Degree or Masters Diploma
- Masters Degree Transcript
- Two letters of Recommendation [Form2]
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test
- Applicant’s Passport Copy
- Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver [Form3] (Optional)
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (Optional)
The last date to apply for the (GIST) Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship 2021 is 15th April 2021.
To Apply, Please Visit the Official website of the GIST Korea University Scholarship.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.