The Korean government invites international students worldwide for a fully-funded Global Korea Scholarship offered by the Korean government and Korean universities.
As of the academic year 2021-2022, 220 students will be benefiting from this fully funded scholarship offered by Korea. This scholarship applies to all undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by Korean universities.
Under the fully funded Korean scholarship, all undergraduate courses are taught in both English and Korean.
Many Korean universities participate in this program where many international students get a chance to study at top Korean universities in the course of their choice at the expense of the Korean government or Korean universities. The application to the scholarship is in two ways, the embassy track and the university track.
There is No Application Fee Requirement neither any lengthy documentation procedure. Only the online process will be taken into consideration. The GKS Korean Government Scholarship Fully funds all expenses. Applicants having an Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree in Any course background or nationality can apply for this Scholarship in Korea.
It is the most competitive scholarship, and selection will be purely based upon Merit-Based. All-Academic Fields are available in Affiliated Korean Government Scholarship Universities. Engineering, Science, IT, Mathematics, Social Science, Medical/Health, Agriculture, Politics, Business. IELTS or TOEFL are not necessary for this scholarship. However, your language of instruction will be English.
Global Korea Scholarship 2021 Details
- Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Master’s or Doctoral or Research
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
Global Korea Scholarship Value
This is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students. The financial coverage is as given below:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Living Allowance (KRW 900,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Language Courses (one year)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
Global Korea Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for an applicant applying to the Global Korea scholarship 2021 are as given below. Candidates must strictly adhere to these criteria:
- Applicants should be of foreign nationality, not Korean nationality.
- English Proficiency Letter can be submitted instead of IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- His/her Age should be Under 40 For Applying for postgraduate courses.
- His/her age should be under 25 for applying for undergraduate courses.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree to get a scholarship for a Master’s degree.
- You must have a Master’s Degree to get admission into a PhD. Programs.
- Research Program Applicants: Should be Qualified enough at least a Master’s degree & have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who don’t have a yet degree can submit the Expected Graduation certificate in the Application Form.
GKS Scholarship is varying from Country to Country and Korean Embassy to Embassy of your Country. All applicants should check the deadline for application submission by contacting their relevant embassy and university also.
You can also contact respective universities via email and get relevant notices on the scholarship deadline for a particular course.
Total Candidates to be Selected
The process selects one hundred seventy persons for undergraduate courses and 700 persons for graduate courses.
Korea Language Training
Grantees must take Korean language training courses for one year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities.
Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.
Below is the application process for the scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
|Announcement released||Sept. in the year before planned studies in Korea||Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Recommend candidates(Korean Embassies, designated universities)||Oct.-Nov. in the year before planned studies in Korea||Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Results released||Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea||June in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Arrival in Korea||Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea||Late Aug. in the year of planned studies|
Documents required to apply
Although documents needed vary from university to university, you will need to submit a list of standard documents to apply to the scholarship program.
- Complete online application form
- High school degree
- Bachelors’ degree for masters’ program
- Masters’ degree for PhD programs
- Recommendation letters
- Letter of consent
- Scanned passport
- CV or Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- GKS applicant agreement
- Personal medical assessment
This was our complete guide on the Global Korean scholarship for the year 2021. We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you had. For more information, related notices and deadline, visit the Korean scholarship’s official website: https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/null/main.do.