TOEFL is the Test of English Foreign Language. The TOEFL test is taken as a proof for non-native English speakers while seeking admissions in International Universities and Countries where the primary language in English. Moreover, the TOEFL iBT is considered to be an easier test than all the other English-language tests being MCQ based. Thus, listed below is a list of all the Countries accepting TOEFL Scores.
Additionally, due to the Covid19 crisis, ETS has launched the TOEFL iBT Home Edition wherein you can give the test right in the comfort of your home. To begin with, Special Home Edition is a safe and convenient option for students who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT test at the center due to the spread concerns of the novel CoronaVirus. Moreover, TOEFL iBT Home Edition is offered everywhere that TOEFL iBT testing is normally available
The TOEFL iBT Home Edition is very identical in content, format, and on-screen experience to the TOEFL test taken at test centers. This home edition test is taken on your own computer at home and monitored by a human proctor online through ProctorU®. Additionally, the TOEFL ETS login is super easy and the support is spectacular. Moreover, TOEFL Home Edition is available 24 hours a day, 4 days a week, through September 30, 2020, with appointments as early as 24 hours after you register.
Why should you take TOEFL?
To begin with, TOEFL is a widely accepted test for English Proficiency. Moreover, the TOEFL score is accepted in over 150 countries and the top 100 universities across the globe. Here’s a list of Countries accepting TOEFL Scores –
- Firstly, it is most preferred in the United States
- Secondly, it is very popular in Canada
- Thirdly, 100% of Universities in New Zealand and Australia accept TOEFL
- Fourthly, TOEFL is widely preferred in the United Kingdom with 98% of universities accepting TOEFL scores
- Lastly, the TOEFL test is very popular in Europe, France, and Germany
As opposed to the common notion of the test being very difficult, this test, in reality, is very simple, being MCQ based. Moreover, while other English-proficiency tests have specific variations as to how the questions have to be answered.
- Availability– Firstly, ETS offers more than 50 TOEFL dates in a year so you don’t have to stick to a rigid schedule. You can book any date as per your convenience.
- Booking the test is super easy– Secondly, the support that is provided by ETS (ETS login) for taking TOEFL login is excellent and effortless. Moreover, you can book a test from wherever you are and also there are ample of test centers available for taking TOEFL
- Free learning material– Thirdly, there is a lot of free learning material available for TOEFL preparation online. Additionally, ETS has launched this free email course for TOEFL preparation. There is ample information in the form of ebooks, webinars, online courses, etc on the internet for the TOEFL exam pattern and syllabus since this test is very popular.
- Balanced Assessment- Fourthly, TOEFL iBT has a very detailed scale of assessment. This means that the TOEFL test is not just about right or wrong answers, it is equally about context and acceptable versions of answers. Hence, TOEFL scores are considered very balanced by both the universities and the students.
- Reasonable cost of taking the test– Lastly, the TOEFL fees vary by country between $180-$300, with most countries falling under the $200 bracket as opposed to being a comparatively higher amount for other English-proficiency tests.
Additional Read : TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
Which countries accept TOEFL scores?
To begin with, TOEFL iBT is the most popular English Proficiency exam with more than 150 countries accepting TOEFL scores. Additionally, more than 10,000 universities and the top 100 universities across the world require or accept TOEFL scores. This ideally means that wherever you choose to apply, in any corner of the world, the TOEFL test scores will come in handy. Moreover, you won’t need to worry about any possible language credentials if you decide on for exchanging programs or switching universities
To conclude, TOEFL iBT tests are conducted all over the world. It enjoys supreme popularity in the majority of countries. For example, the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and across Europe and Asia. Additionally, TOEFL is the most popular test among students who desire to seek foreign education.
Preferred in the United States
- Firstly, TOEFL iBT is highly preferred in the USA
- Secondly, 9 out of 10 universities in the U.S. prefer the TOEFL test
- Thirdly, each university in the States has set its own cut-off TOEFL score.
- Fourthly, Some U.S universities also have cut-off scores for each section of the TOEFL test.
- Fifthly, U.S. universities receive more TOEFL scores than all other English proficiency tests combined.
- Moreover, TOEFL scores are used for admissions for more than 2,400 colleges and universities in the United States and Canada.
- Additionally, TOEFL scores are required in the USA for U.S. student visa, American Accredited University Application
List of Top Universities in USA where the TOEFL test is required
|Name of the University||Score- PBT||Score- iBT|
|University of California – Berkeley||570||68|
|University of Washington||540||76|
|University of Wisconsin – Madison||550||80|
|Johns Hopkins University||600||100|
|University of Minnesota–Twin Cities||550||79|
|University of Texas||550||79|
|University of South Carolina – Columbia||570||80|
Widely accepted in the U.K.
- First of all, more than 98% of universities in the U.K. accept TOEFL test scores, including 100% of the elite Russell Group universities
- Secondly, TOEFL scores accepted by these universities provide a fair and unbiased alternative.
- Lastly, according to ETS, more than 135 leading educational institutes and universities in the U.K. accept TOEFL test scores
Top 10 Universities that accept TOEFL scores in the UK
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- London School of Economics (LSE)
- Aston University
- Durham University
- Cranfield University
- Keele University
- Lancaster University
- London Business School
- Loughborough University
TOEFL Scores are 100% accepted in Australia and New Zealand
- First of all, the TOEFL scores are accepted by 100% Australian universities and for Australian Immigration
- Secondly, TOEFL iBT scores are accepted by 100% of New Zealand universities and the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and for New Zealand permanent residence
- Thirdly, TOEFL test scores are also used for Australia’s post-study, business, skilled migration, work, and holiday visas.
- Lastly, in New Zealand, the TOEFL score is accepted for student visas and other visas like permanent skilled migration visas.
TOEFL test scores are very popular in Canadian Universities
- Firstly, TOEFL scores are accepted by 98% of Canadian universities
- Secondly, more than 80% of graduate programs in Canada prefer TOEFL scores over other English proficiency exams
- Thirdly, most of the Canadian Universities accept TOEFL iBT and PBT scores, though some prefer the CBT (computer-based)scores in spite of being discontinued.
- Additionally, majorly all universities in Canada receive more TOEFL exam scores than all other English-language tests combined
- Lastly, TOEFL scores in Canada are required for Canadian Student Visa and Canadian University Applications
List of Top Universities in Canada where TOEFL scores are required
|Name of the University||Score- Paper-based||Score- Internet-based|
|University of Toronto||600||100|
|University of Alberta||580||86|
|The University of Western Ontario||550||83|
|University of Calgary||560||83|
|Queen’s University at Kingston||580||88|
|University of Ottawa||580||86|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||550||90|
|University of Saskatchewan||550||80|
TOEFL test scores are popular in Europe, France, and Germany
- To begin with, TOEFL iBT scores are accepted by the top European universities and most preferred in France and Germany amongst the continent
European universities with their TOEFL score requirements
|Name of the University||Score- TOEFL PBT||Score- TOEFL iBT|
|Erasmus University Rotterdam||575||90|
|University of Helsinki||580||92|
|University of Luxembourg||600||100|
SCHOLARSHIPS AND TOEFL SCORES
Other than countries accepting TOEFL Scores, TOEFL has scholarships too. To begin with, TOEFL scholarships are a different level of motivation for TOEFL test takers. Moreover, getting a high TOEFL score can lead you to your dream university but it also has some long-term benefits that can come to you in the form of scholarships and grants. Let’s look at the scholarships that come with the TOEFL test.
ETS TOEFL Scholarships
The best known TOEFL-based scholarships come from the makers of the TOEFL test, ETS. For example, ETS has launched the TOEFL Scholarships and Giving program that supports varied educational initiatives amongst a wide foray of educational levels. Moreover, this initiative is particularly aimed at helping students worldwide achieve their academic goals.
Additionally, ETS from time-to-time has offered TOEFL scholarships to high-scoring students across four countries. For example, India, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. Moreover, the scholarship program in India by ETS recognizes TOEFL test takers who are seeking education at undergraduate or graduate levels across the 9,000+ international institutions and foreign universities around the world that accept the TOEFL test.
In addition, this TOEFL scholarship covers only Tuition & Fees across different educational levels viz-a-viz Bachelor’s and Master’s courses. For example, this scholarship is applicable to all undergraduate and postgraduate level courses. Thus, this scholarship is applicable to all universities in the US, UK, Australia, Singapore, and 235 more study destinations.
Students Awards by ETS
To begin with, every year, ETS awards 15 students for their remarkable performance in the TOEFL exam with scholarships. To be eligible for the TOEFL scholarship grants and awards by ETS, the applicants must:
- be a resident of India
- demonstrate stellar English proficiency with a valid TOEFL score
Moreover, applicants for these scholarships and awards are evaluated on varied criteria that include: English-communication skills, academic record, leadership skills, and extracurricular activities
Grants and Awards by ETS and TOEFL Board
Jointly in association with the TOEFL Board, ETS offers 14 TOEFL grants and awards each year. These grants are based on work in the following fields:
- Foreign or second language research, teaching or assessment
- International higher education
The TOEFL scholarships are given under these various categories:
- First, TOEFL Young Students Series (YSS) Research Grants
- Second, TOEFL Awards (by application)
- Third, TOEFL Awards (by nomination), etc.
To conclude, TOEFL iBT is the most popular English proficiency test. The top universities among all the countries accept or require TOEFL scores. Moreover, ETS also provides a stellar range of scholarships, awards, and grants for TOEFL test takers. Hope you all know about the Countries accepting TOEFL Scores!