Germany is home to some of the best universities for MBA in the world. Universities in Germany offering MBA gives you a lot of option in pursuing the course like, online, offline, part-time, full time and even classes in English for international students.
MBA courses in Germany are usually 12 months or 18 months, depending on the university. It has 50 colleges offering MBA programs with five colleges on the top 5 of the QS world university ranking list.
Business Schools in Germany are becoming a new global destination for MBA aspirants because of the lost cost or tuition-free education they offer. To get into these top universities in Germany, you will need to have high academic standing in your bachelor’s and need IELTS/TOEFL scores and GMAT scores to be eligible to apply to German universities.
While there are thousands of options to choose from, this might seem a little overwhelming to you, but we have it all covered in this blog. Here, we include the admission process, eligibility criteria, top universities, fee structure, and total cost of education in Germany for Indian students.
MS in Mechanical Engineering in Germany
Why choose Germany for your MBA?
- As per the European Business School Rankings (2020) by Financial times, Eight German business schools are ranked within the top 100 for their full-time MBA program.
- Five of the business schools in Germany feature in the QS Global MBA Ranking (2021). Four of these business schools lie within the top 100 among the business schools of the world.
- According to the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry, there is a need for 1.5 million skilled workers abroad.
- An increase of 10% was observed in MBA employment in the year 2017. A further 7% increase was observed for the year 2018, the employment rate being so high, MBA remains the centre of attraction for all international students.
- MBA degree in Germany costs a lot less than an MBA from other popular study destinations. This is because of the no or low tuition fees charged at higher education institutes in Germany.
- Executive MBA is the highest paying degree for graduates and alumni of German universities.
Hence, an MBA degree from Germany holds great importance in today’s time.
MBA in Germany: Highlights
Here are some insights into the MBA course offered by universities in Germany:
- MBA- 1 to 1.8 years;
- Executive MBA- 2 years
- Average Tuition Fees: 17,770 USD to 44,000 USD per annum
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any field, GMAT/GRE score, Work experience
- Minimum GRE/GMAT Required: GMAT above 550 or equivalent GRE.
- Minimum Work Experience Required: 2 to 3 years
- Average Salary Offered: MBA: 125,000 USD; Executive MBA: 131,000 USD
- Job Role Available: Consultant, Business Development Manager, Project Manager Strategist, etc.
MBA in Germany: Types and Specializations
A wide range of specialisations is offered at universities for MBA in Germany. Some of the prevalent disciplines that international students can study in Germany with the Business Schools offering the program are mentioned below:
|Specialisation||Institutes Offering the Course|
|MBA in Entrepreneurship||EU Business School, SRH Hochschule Berlin|
|MBA in Finance||SIMT, EU Business School|
|MBA in HR||GISMA Business School, University of Applied Sciences Mittelhessen|
|MBA in Innovation||Munich Business School, Berlin School of Business and innovation|
|MBA in International Management||Cologne Business School|
|MBA in Marketing||WHU Otto Beisheim Graduate School, GISMA Business School|
|MBA in Leadership||HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management|
Eligibility for MBA in Germany
The basic eligibility for MBA programs in Germany has a bachelor’s degree. However, the variation is observed in the GMAT score and work experience required.
Given below are the minimum requirements for an Indian student applying to German universities offering MBA program:
|Manheim Business School||Three years of work experience|
|Frankfurt School of Finance and Management||GMAT (average: 640) or GRE or MBA admission test scores; Case study assignment; 3 years of work experience; Interview|
|WHU-Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management||Two years of work experience;GMAT score (minimum 600 is recommended)|
|ESMT Berlin||Three years of work experience;GMAT/GRE score; Interview|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management||Three years of work experience;GMAT/GRE score; Letter of Motivation|
|European Business School||Three years of work experience;GMAT/GRE score; Interview|
|Munich Business School||80% in bachelors; 2 years of work experience;1-2page letter of motivation; Interview|
|Technical University Munich||4 to 5 years of work experience;Letter of Motivation|
|University of Cologne||Four years of work experience|
|Business School Pforzheim||Two years of work experience;Minimum GMAT score of 550 or equivalent GRE score;Motivation letter;Essay on extra-curricular activities; Interview|
List of Free Universities in Germany
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
Since the curriculum of most of the business schools offering MBA in Germany is in English, but international students are required to submit an IELTS or TOEFL test scores to demonstrate their proficiency in this language.
The minimum requirement for applying to famous universities for an Indian student is:
- IELTS: 6.5 to 7.0
- TOEFL: 80 to 92
Choosing the right program for an MBA is essential as it affects your future career. You need to keep in mind these above things before you enrol yourself in any of the MBA programs offered by German universities.
You need to take into consideration various factors before making any decision which involves studying abroad.
We hope this blog helped you choose your dream MBA college in Germany!