Master of Arts in Political Science is a two-year postgraduate course that aims to enhance your knowledge of Indian and international politics. But is it worth it? What are the scopes of doing this course? How much value does it hold? Shall I prepare for some post-graduation entrance exam or pursue higher studies in Political Science? What are the job prospects after MA Political Science? If these are some of your questions that bring you here, you’re at the right place. Know everything you need to know about MA Political Science here in this article.
|Master of Arts in Political Science
|Duration of Course
|Score a minimum of 50% in bachelors of Political Science or any other relevant program
|Civil Services, Politics, Law, Political Scientist, Social Service, Journalism and Education.
|Average Annual Tuition fee
|INR 5,000 to 50,000
Eligibility Criteria for Masters in Political Science
- Applying for an MA in Political Science requires you to have a graduation certificate from any reputed universities with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- However, in most colleges, there is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST/OBC candidates seeking admission in MA Political Science, i.e., the minimum required score for such applicants is 45%.
- You must have done a degree program relevant to MA Political Science. For instance, BA in Political Science, History, Economics, and English are some relevant courses.
- Some universities accept direct admissions, but most require the state to national level entrance exam scores.
- Applicants who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for a Master of Arts in Political Science. Their admission will be provisional and only confirmed if they have scored the degree program’s minimum required marks.
List of Top MA Political Science Colleges
Earlier, people just used to pursue their bachelor’s, but times have changed. People are studying bachelor’s and masters programs to reach global scales and big companies. Well, here’s a list of top college options along with their average annual fees for masters in Political Science in India:
|Name of the college
|Average Annual Fees
|Lady Shri Ram College For Women (LSRC)
|18 000 INR
|St. Xavier’s College
|30 000 INR
|18 000 INR
|15 000 INR
|14 000 INR
|Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
|5 000 INR
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU)
|13 000 INR
|2, 300 INR
Career Prospects after MA in Political Science
Completing a Masters of Art in Political Science gives you a more vast approach towards the subject. You will have much more academic knowledge than your diploma or bachelor’s course and have researched data and experience.
The job prospects of Political Science are vast and highly in demand these days. Some of such job titles include the following:
- Civil Services
- Political Scientist
- NGO and Social Service
- Politics and law-making
- Law and social justice
- Journalism and mass media
- Political Consultant
- Media Strategist
If you are a nerd about Politics and our country’s functioning, then MA Political Science is for you. It does give not only academic information about the course but also enhances the thought process and analytical skills of the person pursuing it. Students doing a bachelor’s in Arts have several course options to study in their masters, and this program is one of them.
Have doubts regarding admission procedure of MA Political Science? Contact our team of experts at ForeignAdmits and clear your doubts now!
Can I pursue an MA in Political Science after doing B.Sc.?
Yes, you can pursue the program after doing B.Sc. from any program. Even though students with a relevant subject are preferred over B.Sc. students, they can clear the entrance exam to get admission. They are eligible to apply.
What are the entrance exams to get admission to MA Political Science?
These are some of the entrance exams that you can give to get admission to the right college:
- DUET or Delhi University Entrance Test is the entrance test you need to get admission to colleges affiliated with Delhi University
- IPU conducts IPU CET or Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test.
- OUCET or Osmania University Common Entrance Test is also a national-level entrance test to admission to Osmania University.
- BHU PET or Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test is to study MA in Political Science in BHU, Varanasi.
- JNUEE or Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam as well a part-time to study.
How do I get admission in MA Political Science in DU?
To get admission in this program from Delhi University, you have two choices – merit or entrance. If you have graduated from Delhi University, you will apply based on merit gained in graduation. If not, you are eligible to give the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) and earn an excellent rank to secure a seat in MA Political Science.
Is MA Political Science easy?
Well, it is not a piece of cake. It is quite a challenging discipline to major in. This versatile course has its roots in politics, NGO and social welfare, business, communication, media and education. The level of ease or difficulty depends upon your interest in politics and political ideologies.
What can I do after MA Political Science?
You can attempt SSC or UPSC exams, seek administrative jobs, get into politics, become a consultant, a Political content creator, a public administrative etc. You can also pursue managerial careers or can continue to pursue higher education in it.