This Blog Includes :
- 1 How to Apply to Study in Germany after 12th
- 2 Courses to study in Germany after 12th
- 3 Selection of University
- 4 Requirements to Study in Germany after 12th
- 5 Accommodation
- 6 Scholarships to Study in Germany for Indian Students after 12th
- 7 Conclusion
Germany is one of the top choices of students who wish to study abroad. It is the country that focuses on providing state of the art education and giving career opportunities to students. Germany is renowned worldwide for its automobile engineering and designing courses. But, what is it like for an international student to study in Germany after 12th?
Are the degrees even valid? What courses are available to study in Germany after 12th? What are the top colleges? And above all, how to apply? In this article we are going to discuss about such questions and give you insights on the eligibility and procedures to apply in German universities with top colleges for each course.
How to Apply to Study in Germany after 12th
Firstly, all the applicants need to choose the course they want to study and see which universities are offering that course. Before we give you insights on courses that Germany is well known for, one must know that you need to score a minimum of 90% in high school as German college admissions are very competitive. The student must also appear for JEE or complete one year of their bachelors in their respective country and write IELTS and TOFEL. Sounds like a lot? It sure is worth the effort.
Also Read: Application Process for Bachelors in Germany
Courses to study in Germany after 12th
Universities of Germany rank amongst the best universities to study in across the globe but the question is- how does one apply and is the process really as intimidating as people make it look like?
The first step towards applying in Germany is selecting your course. Here are few of the best courses to study in Germany after 12th:
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Art, Music, Design
Selection of University
After deciding on the course, you should focus on the step of selecting the colleges. Here’s a generalized list of the top universities for international students in the Germany:
- Berlin Institute of Technology
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Freiburg
- University of Bonn
- Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen
Once you choose the course and the university you want to apply in, go to the university’s official site and apply from there directly. On the other hand, you can go to the official website of Uni Assist, a common entrance portal to a lot of universities. It is run by the German Academic Exchange Service, to make the application process easier for International applicants.
Requirements to Study in Germany after 12th
Selecting the course and your choice of college is just the beginning. As looking for universities to study in Germany after 12th means that you need to fit the requirements. When applying at the university chosen by you, most of the universities would accept an online application with an application fee.
Eligibility Criteria to Study in Germany after 12th
Make sure to check the requirements for each and every individual college and course as it varies. Sometimes, the students need to give entrance exams or Skype interviews in order to get admission in a German university. Above all, you need to know the eligibility criteria to study in the Germany. Here’s a curate and generalized list of eligibility criteria for Indian students to study in Germany after 12th:
|Age||Must be 18 years or above|
|12th standard mark sheet||A minimum of 90% marks in relevant subject combination|
|SAT/ACT Scores||Ranges from 400-1600. Minimum requirement depends upon course and university.|
|English Proficiency Test||Must score the minimum required marks in English proficiency test(s) as per your university’s guidelines|
Documents Required to Study in Germany after 12th
After checking the eligibility parameters, you need to check the availability of the following documents that would be required in the application process:
- Firstly, you need copies of mark sheets of 10th and 12th
- Secondly, you will need proof of bachelor’s degree along with mark-sheet (if attended
- Thirdly, proof of funds in the bank and other bank statements
- A proof of IELTS or TOEFL scores (these are to check the English language proficiency)
- A Statement of Purpose (SOP)
After your application gets approved, you will need to apply for a student’s visa for Germany. The University will help you with the visa process.
The sessions in Germany are divided into two segments, one in October, i.e., the winter session and the other in April, i.e., the summer session so make sure you are done with your application processes accordingly. We suggest you to send in your applications two months before the deadline so that the application process runs smooth.
- After the processes the major factor is accommodation and staying in the Germany as a student. There are two options available: university-managed or private accommodation. The cost depends on the type of accommodation chosen.
- The cost of living in Germany is the same as living in any developed Europe city, that is approx €700- €1000 per month.
- Yes, the cost of living is not cheap. However the scholarship opportunities provided to students with additional working hours per month will help students cover most of these charges.
- Lastly, health insurance is mandatory for international students to study in the Germany.
Scholarships to Study in Germany for Indian Students after 12th
Are Indian students eligible for loans and scholarships to study in the Germany? Yes. Based on merit and the university policies, international students can earn scholarships to study in the Germany which may also lead up to full-waiver of tuition fees.
In conclusion, living in Germany is like living in any first world countries with top class medical, educational and financial services. The government of Germany allows international students to get placements from universities in Germany itself. Degrees obtained from Germany are accredited worldwide.
Thus, studying in Germany is not only about the culture, university influence or state of the art facilities. It is about the networking and opportunity building which help you broaden your spectrum of knowledge and widen your career horizons.
If you’re an Indian student wishing to study in Germany after 12th, get in touch with ForeignAdmits to get your profile evaluated now!