This Blog Includes :
- 1 How to Apply for Colleges in UK?
- 2 Requirements to study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
- 3 Accommodation
- 4 Scholarships to study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
- 5 The 2021 Update to Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
- 6 Final Verdict on ‘Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th’
Looking for universities to study in UK being an Indian student? Worry not, because in this blog we have curated a list of not only the top universities and courses but also the procedure of applications to study in UK for Indian Students after 12th.
UK has been a hot spot for Indian students as a study hub for over a century. Is studying in the UK actually any close to the glamourous hype shown in the Bollywood? What is it all about? What’s “in” to study in UK for Indian students after 12th? Let’s have a look:
How to Apply for Colleges in UK?
Firstly, all the applicants need to choose the course they want to study and see which universities are offering that course.
Courses to study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
Universities of UK rank as one of the best universities to study in across the globe but the question is how does one apply and is the process really as intimidating as people make it look like?
The first step towards applying in UK is selecting your course; here are few of the best courses universities of UK are known for:
- Business Administration
- Banking and finance
- Economics and many more
Selection of University to Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
After deciding on the course comes the step of selecting the colleges, here’s a generalized list of the top universities for international students in the UK with a curate list of link given for universities related to the aforementioned courses:
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College of London (ICL)
- The University of Edinburgh
- University College London (UCL)
- University of Cambridge
These colleges are just the tip of the iceberg and most spoken about but UK holds many more treasure troves of knowledge and beautiful campuses. The best universities for study in UK for Indian students after 12th for each of the course mentioned above are further given below:
|S. no.||Course||Top UK Universities|
|1.||Engineering||University of Greenwich|
University of Oxford
University of East London
|2.||Business Administration||University of Oxford |
London School of Economics & Political Science
University of St. Andrews
University of Strathclyde
University of Bath
|3.||Medicine||UCL Medical School |
Hull York Medical School
Brighton & Sussex Medical School
Norwich Medical School
University of Glasgow
Adam Smith Business School
|4.||Banking and Finance||London School of Economics & Political Science London Business School |
University of Manchester
Cambridge Judge Business School
Warwick Business School
|5.||Law||University College London (UCL) |
University of Oxford
King’s College, London
Queen Mary University of London
University of Edinburg
Requirements to study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
Moreover, selecting the course and your choice of college is just the beginning. Also, looking for universities to study in UK for Indian students after 12th means that you need to fit the requirements. When applying at the university chosen by you, most of the universities would accept an online application with an application fee.
Firstly, check the requirements for each and every individual college and course as it varies. Further, it is essential to know the eligibility criteria to study in the UK. Hence, here’s a curate and generalized list of eligibility criteria to study in the UK for Indian students after 12th:
|Age||Must be 18 years or above|
|Marks obtained in 12th standard (Science/Commerce)||70% or above|
|Marks obtained in 12th standard (Arts)||65% or above|
|SAT/ACT Scores||Ranges from 400-1600. Minimum requirement also depends upon course and university.|
|English Proficiency Test||Must score the minimum required marks in English proficiency test(s) as per your university’s guidelines|
After checking the eligibility parameters, check the availability of the following documents required for college admission to study in UK for Indian students after 12th:
- Attested copies of mark sheets of 10th and 12th
- Proof of bachelor’s degree along with mark-sheet (if attended)
- Two academic letters of recommendation (these are very important because they help the application process smoothly, these letters are a reference claiming that you are capable enough to study in the UK)
- Proof of funds in the bank and other bank statements also
- Proof of IELTS or TOEFL scores (these are to further check the English language proficiency)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Art, Design and Architecture courses applicants also need to submit a suitable portfolio in the application.
After your application gets approved, you will also need to apply for a student’s visa for the UK. The university will further help you get your visa processed fast.
The sessions in UK are divided into two segments, one in September/October and the other in January/ February, so make sure you are done with your application processes accordingly.
- Further after the processes, the major factor is accommodation and staying in the UK as a student. Moreover, there are two options available: university-managed or private accommodation. Besides, the cost depends on the type of accommodation chosen.
- Secondly, the new visa regulation for international students has proposed a budget of a minimum of £1235 per month exclusive of tuition fees.
- Finally, health insurance is mandatory to study in the UK for Indian students after 12th
Scholarships to study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
Are Indian students also eligible for loans and scholarships to study in the UK? Yes! Based on merit and the university policies, International students can earn scholarships to study in the UK which may also lead up to a full-waiver of tuition fees.
The 2021 Update to Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
Why should Indian students apply to study in UK for 2021? UK has officially increased the work permit to 2 years after graduation hence helping the students settle down and grow their career in the UK.
Since the release of this permit, more and more international applicants are taking admission in UK Universities.
Final Verdict on ‘Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th’
Studying in the UK will not only help one gain topmost education around the globe but get hands-on experience in networking. This will further help students broaden their perspective towards career options and not be stuck in life’s monotony. If you’re an Indian student wishing to study in the UK after their 12th, get in touch with ForeignAdmits to also get your profile evaluated now!