After completing class 12th, students get anxious about getting the correct college seat for the proper course. While opting for the right path and college is very important, one must also understand that it forms the basis of your career ahead. A lot of countries like Ireland offer great scholarship programs out there. Colleges indeed charge a hefty fee these days, but one should consider it as an investment that can fetch you greater returns once you enter the professional world. On the other hand, an alternative is to look for scholarships after 12th class to reduce the mental pressure of paying a large sum of money in your pursuit of higher education. In this blog, we have some Scholarship Exams after 12th in 2021-2022.
The available scholarships after class 12th can be of great help to freshers, especially those who are caught in financial constraints. Although taking up education loans is an option, scholarship options after class 12th are more secure and stable as students are not required to pay back the amount awarded in scholarships.
College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
College Admission Scholarship Admission (CASA) is a popular Scholarship Exams after 12th to maximise the candidate’s benefits of quality higher education. It can get you a 100% tuition fee waiver. It is a well-known test for Scholarship Exams after 12th class.
The CASA application process usually starts in June, and there is no application fee for this scholarship.
Eligibility for CASA
Below is the eligibility criteria for CASA:
- Students who have completed the Class12th examination from CBSE, ICSE or any other recognised state board can apply.
- Students who have completed graduation can also fill the form for post-graduation courses.
Steps to Apply for CASA
This is how you can apply for CASA:
- Register with CASA through the official website.
- Follow the instructions provided and fill out the application form.
- Upload the essential documents
- After applying, you will receive SMS and email alerts regarding your candidature and scholarships that are suitable for you.
Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship
Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students belonging to rural areas and backward classes. The scholarship is specifically for class 12th pass students who plan to pursue diploma engineering courses such as civil, electronics, telecommunication, mechanical, and electronics.
The primary objective of the Schindler scholarship is to provide financial assistance to deserving students. Every year, around 75 students are awarded this scholarship which is worth Rs. 20,000.
Eligibility for Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship
Below is the eligibility criteria for this scholarship:
- Students who have passed class 12th in science stream with a minimum of 65% aggregate
- The family income of the student should not be more than Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- Candidates planning to pursue a diploma in engineering streams such as Electrical, Civil, Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics and Electronics and Telecommunication are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are already pursuing diploma courses can also apply for the scholarship.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years.
Steps to Apply for Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship
This is the application process:
- Visit the official website.
- Login/Register using Facebook, Google Plus or the Email account
- Once signed in, click on the link ‘Start Application.’
- Fill in all the details and upload the documents required.
- Click on ‘Submit’
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
The National Innovation Foundation organises Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards. This scholarship provides young minds with a platform to showcase their innovations and thoughts. For these Scholarship Exams after 12th, students up to class 12th can participate.
All that one must do is write their ideas in a simple text and email it to the official website. The final date for registration is usually in the last week of August every year.
Ignite Awards is an annual national competition aimed to harness the creative and innovative spirit of children. The National Innovation Foundation is looking for original and creative technological ideas to solve everyday problems while inviting ideas. The picture can be about household problems to labourers to the environment to pollution – anything.
Eligibility for Ignite Awards
This is the eligibility criteria for Ignite Awards:
- Students up to Class 12th can send their ideas for the Ignite Awards.
- The maximum age of the candidate should be between 17-18 years. If you have freshly passed out of school, then also you are eligible to apply.
There is no particular format in which the candidate is expected to send the write-ups. However, while submitting the write-ups, candidates should mention their name, age, school name, address and contact number.
PM Narendra Modi Scholarship for 12th Pass Students
PM Narendra Modi launched a scholarship for 12th pass students seeking admission in various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. This scheme also provides financial assistance to the wards of ex-servicemen. It offers 5,500 scholarships for B.Tech/B.E., B.A, BBA, BCA, M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, PhD, pharmacy, and medical courses.
Eligibility for PM Narendra Modi Scholarship
Below given is the eligibility criteria for this scholarship:
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with a minimum of 75% to apply for the scholarship.
- Students should between the age group of 18-25 years.
- Students whose family income is below Rs. 6 lakhs per annum are eligible to apply.
The last date to apply for PM Scholarship is usually in the 2nd week of November. Candidates who are selected for the scholarship will further be awarded Rs. 2,000 per month (boys) and Rs. 2,250 (girls). One can apply through the Kendriya Sainik Board website.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
To promote girl education in the country, AICTE offers a scholarship to female students who want to pursue higher education in the technical field. Hence, AICTE awards Rs. 30,000 per annum each to 4,000 girls every year.
Applications for the AICTE Pragati scholarships start in August/September every year, and AICTE does not conduct any entrance test for the scholarship.
Eligibility for AICTE Pragati Scholarships for Girls
This is the eligibility criterion for this scholarship:
- Female students who are in their 1st year of the diploma or degree courses from any AICTE approved colleges are eligible for the scholarship.
In case the candidate is selected for the tuition fee waiver, the amount of Rs. 30,000/- maybe reimbursed to the candidates through reimbursement to purchase books, vehicles, laptops, and desktops.
Therefore, these were the top 5 scholarships for students who have just passed 12th grade for 2021-2022.
We have answered some frequently asked questions to clear any of your doubts.
Q1. What is the minimum percentage in 12th for a scholarship?
Ans. As per the 12th percentage, the criteria and scholarship amount applicable in the programme fee: 95% or above aggregate marks – 50% Scholarship. 90%-94.99% aggregate marks – 40% Scholarship.
Q2. How many scholarships can I apply for?
Ans. There is no limit to the number of scholarships you can apply for or receive.
Q3. Do scholarships expire?
Ans. Yes. Scholarships can expire for a few reasons. If students don’t enrol in classes within a certain period, or if students take a break from school, then the scholarship could expire.
Moreover, we truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.
Want to have a one on one consultation with our top counselor?