This Blog Includes :
The Assistant Conservator of Forest or ACF is a gazetted officer also known by the name Sub-divisional forest officer. Additionally, an ACF is a vital officer in the administration of forest divisions. Further, the forest range officer on promotion achieves this post. In contrast, through the Union Service Public Commission (UPSC) ACF and FRO or the State Service Public Commission ACF and FRO entrance examination. The forest’s assistant conservator is also responsible for ensuring ecological stability through natural resources protection and sustainable management. Thus, the average salary of an ACF is Rs.56100 to Rs.177500 per month. Therefore, to crack the ACF and RO exam, you need to be thorough with its syllabus. Hence, this blog has a detailed ACF syllabus for 2020.
For further information on admissions and scholarships, contact ForeignAdmits.
The facilities provided to an ACF are a vehicle that is a Bolero jeep along with a driver. Also, they give a clerk and a class four employee for office work. Further, he is provided with official accommodation with one or two helpers.
The work or responsibilities are to supervise various jobs in the forest field, such as examination of the plantation, timber depots, and nurseries, marking of trees, selling of logs by auction in lots, etc. Also, he is responsible for taking care of the plantation of trees and harvesting the forest.
Hence, after cracking the entrance examination, the selected officers are trained for a couple of years by the central government at Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy. While on training or probation, the officers receive their minimum salary of Rs.56100.
Firstly, the selection process consists of written exams and an interview. Further, there are 4 to 5 written exams, depending on the state. Two or three of these are compulsory general papers, while the others are optional subject papers.
|1||First compulsory paper (General Knowledge)||100||03 Hours|
|2||Second compulsory paper (General English)||100||03 Hours|
|3||Third compulsory paper (General Hindi)||100||03 Hours|
|4||First optional subject paper||200||03 Hours|
|5||Second optional subject paper||200||03 Hours|
Then, after the written exam, the interview carries 75 marks; hence, the total marks are 775.
ACF Syllabus Paper-I General Knowledge
Total number of questions: 100
- Specific Information regarding Agriculture, Industry, Business, Economic and Natural Resources, Environment, Geography, and contemporary Activities in respective State
- Education, Culture, Sports, Entertainment and Lifestyle, Specific Information regarding Social practices, Social reform movement, Political background. Administrative setup, Governmental and Non-Governmental welfare and developmental schemes, Ancient, Medieval, Modern and Contemporary History, Important contemporary State events.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Administration, Indian Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Public welfare and Rights related Issues, etc.
- Physical development, Natural Calamities, and Disaster Management
- Current Events of National and International Importance, Entertainment and Sports
- Economic and Social Development, Agriculture, Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives
- General Science: Utility of Science in daily life, Science and Technology, Development of Biotechnology, Health Related Issues and Health Management, Development of Energy Sector- Requirements and Possibilities, Water Resources- Availability and Utility, Management in these sectors, General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-Diversity and Climate change
- Geography of India and the World
- Indian History, Indian National Freedom Movement, and Contemporary History of India.
- General Aptitude: Real Numbers, their classification and simple properties, LCM and HCF of Integers. Ratio and proportion for two or more numbers. Conversion of a number into the interest rate, conversion of percentage into decimals, profit/loss percentage. The relation between cost price and selling price, simple interest regarding principal (P), rate of interest (R) and time (T). Compound interest when compounding is done yearly, half-yearly, quarterly. Work and time and movement of trains and boats; simple linear simultaneous equations. Set theory; properties of the triangle, rectangle, square, parallelogram, rhombus, trapezium and circle; volume and surface areas. Sequence and series: significance, sufficiency, collection, classification, presentation, and interpretation of data; all means, median and mode. Lastly, simple problems on probability.
ACF Syllabus Paper-II General English
Easy writing on one of the following topics is literature and culture, science, technology and environment, natural calamities, economic development and planning, social and political spheres of your state, national and international issues. Additionally, candidates are expected to have an awareness of the above topics concerning their condition.
Letter writing also includes office orders, notice, semi-government letters, official letters, circular and official memorandum. Also, Precis writing and Summary writing.
Usage of idiom and phrases. Vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, and one-word substitutes. Further Grammar exercises on punctuation, transformations and synthesis, parts of speech. Also, translation of Hindi to English and vice versa
Lastly, the use of verbs-main, auxiliary, and modals, and use of correct prepositions
Candidates must further attempt two optional papers. Further, for the optional subject papers, The candidate can choose any two subjects from the list.
- Computer Applications/Computer Science
- Engineering (Agriculture/Chemical/Civil/Computer/Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical)
- Environmental Science
- Veterinary Science
The candidates cannot choose the following combinations:
- Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Computer Application/Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
In conclusion, qualifying for the ACF exam does not mean that you are guaranteed the job. The next step will further be the interview that carries 75 marks. If you are successful in gaining the highest scores in all papers, then there is some guarantee that you might get the post. ACF entrants are usually taken to Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, where they serve a probation period while receiving the minimum pay. Thus, the probation period can be two years long. Thus, if you need help with guidance and counselling, contact us at ForeignAdmits.