What is the MOBC Scholarship?
The Ministry for the Welfare of Minorities and Other Backward Classes, Government of Manipur has launched the MOBC Scholarship scheme as a part of state welfare programs.
This scholarship is towards catering to the needs of minorities and backward classes within the state. The scholarship’s main objective is that education should be accessible to all irrespective of their financial backgrounds to lead to society’s upliftment.
Besides, the MOBC scholarship consists of various scholarship opportunities at various levels of education, and they are :
- Post Matric Scholarship to Minority Students
- Pre Matric Scholarship to Minority Students
- Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship to Minority Students
- Post Matric Scholarship to Scheduled Caste Students
- Pre Matric Scholarship to Scheduled Caste Students
- Post Matric Scholarship to Economically Backward Class Students
- Post Matric Scholarship to OBC Students
- Pre Matric Scholarship to OBC Students
Note: The Department for the Welfare of Minorities and Other Backward Classes (MOBC), Government of Manipur, was established in 1998 by the State Government to protect the interest of Minority and OBC communities in the State. The Directorate is determined for an equitable share for OBC and SC communities in education, employment, economic activities and to ensure their upliftment.
Post Matric Scholarship to Minority Students
Firstly, This scholarship is mainly to encourage students from minority communities to pursue higher education, thereby increasing their employment chances and a good lifestyle. The scholarship will be awarded to academically brilliant students who are from economically weaker sections.
The students can pursue their education from government institutions or private institutions on the government’s list.
Pre Matric Scholarship to Minority Students
Secondly, this scholarship is mainly to form education for the students who cannot even start schooling due to financial and economic constraints. It will encourage the parents to send the children to school to complete their primary education to lay the foundation for higher education and the family’s welfare.
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship to Minority Students
Thirdly, as the name suggests, this scholarship is for the meritorious students of minority communities. Thus, it is the financial assistance to pursue courses and education to upgrade their skills for the job market.
Further, the students can only study in India and at the schools/colleges already selected by the administration.
Post Matric Scholarship to Scheduled Caste Students
Hence, this scholarship provides financial aid to the scheduled caste students to pursue their higher education and acquire job market skills.
Pre Matric Scholarship to Scheduled Caste Students
Same as above, but this is for the children to start their schooling from class 1 to class 10, so they have the primary education needed to proceed further.
Post Matric Scholarship to Economically Backward Class Students
Above all, this scholarship is for the economically backwards students to pursue their post-secondary education to have a minimum required qualification for a decent job. Besides, the student can study only in government institutions.
Post Matric Scholarship to OBC Students
Moreover, this scholarship is for the students from other backward classes as financial grants to their post-secondary education.
Pre Matric Scholarship to OBC Students
Finally, this scholarship is for children to complete their primary education and to head for higher education. Hence, it serves as an encouragement to the children.
Overall, the MOBC Scholarship is an overall package for all the minorities and backward classes welfare covering primary to higher education.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria To Apply For The Scholarship?
Before you apply for the scholarship, you need to be sure of your eligibility. You are eligible to apply for the MOBC scholarship if you are :
- Firstly, only a valid resident of the Manipur state is eligible for the scholarship.
- Further, students whose parent’s annual family income do not exceed Rs.2,50,000 (OBC pre-Matric Scholarship), Rs1,50,000 (OBC Post-Matric Scholarship), Rs.2,50,000 (SC Pre-Matric and post-Matric Scholarship) and Rs1,00,000 (EBC Post Matric Scholarship)
- Lastly, the candidate must have passed the previous class.
- Should have a bank account.
For doubts or queries regarding the scholarship program or application, one can visit the Directorate of the welfare of OBC’s and SC’s interest, Government of Manipur.
How To Apply For The Scholarship?
The application process is online. Therefore, you have to visit the website and register yourself by uploading the relevant documents. Here, Students can record their online scholarship application under the Online Scholarship Management System.
Hence, Make sure you enter all the information correctly and upload all the relevant documents before submitting the form.
What Are The Documents Required To Apply?
The general documents required are :
- Proof of Residence
- Attested photocopies of marking sheets
- Proof of income of the family (As required by the directorate)
- Caste certificate, which states you are from minority or OBC, SC community.
What Are The Details That You Are Required To Enter?
Generally, you are required to enter personal details, educational details and other relevant details. For instance, the details include :
- Name of the student
- The institution currently studying/ has studied
- Class studying/studied
- Name of the parents
- Permanent address
- Bank account details
- Phone number and other details
The essential points to consider are :
- Incomplete or error-prone applications will be rejected immediately.
- You should apply for the scholarship before the date expires; otherwise, it will not be accepted
- All the asked documents should be uploaded.
- Therefore, recheck the details before submission.
How Can Foreignadmits Help?
Here, Foreignadmits can help you by providing you with authentic career counselling while figuring out what is best for you and how to proceed. We have experienced mentors and counsellors who will guide you through every step. Answer all your queries. Help you with the entire process. It will save you a lot of time, energy and effort besides you getting excellent guidance. Go through the website Foreignadmits for further details.
Therefore, Scholarships are the best way to ensure the continuation of education. Make sure you do not make a mistake while applying for the scholarship, and we hope this helps.
Also read: Scholarship Exams for Engineering Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What exactly is the Mobc scholarship?
Ans. As part of state welfare initiatives, the Ministry for the Welfare of Minorities and Other Backward Classes of the Manipur Government has introduced the MOBC Scholarship scheme. This award is designed to meet the requirements of the state’s minority and backward classes.
Q2. Who is eligible to apply for Mobc?
Ans. The following are the eligibility criteria for applying to MOBC:
- The candidate must be an Assamese ST(P) or OBC/MOBC.
- Candidate must have obtained an 80 percent or more in Matriculation, a 75 percent or higher in 10+2 exams, a 65 percent or higher in Graduation, or a 60 percent or higher in Postgraduation.
Q3. What papers are necessary to apply for a Manipur scholarship?
Ans. The following documents are required for Manipur Scholarship:
- Aadhar Card
- Photograph of the candidate in passport size.
- Caste certificate (for students from the ST/SC/OBC categories)
- Income verification.
- Certificate of Disability (for candidates having physical disabilities)
- Copies of all cleared examinations’ mark sheets/degrees/certificates.
At ForeignAdmits, we understand how important this decision is. We are here to help you every step of the way, from finding the right school to getting admitted and securing scholarships.
ForeignAdmits have a team of experienced counsellors. We can provide you with customized guidance based on your individual needs contact us today to get started. We look forward to helping you achieve your educational and career goals!