The Asian development bank is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. And they provide a tremendous opportunity to young students who aspire to bring a change in their community. The ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2022 is offered to students who want to pursue a masters’ degree and are citizens of the Asian Developmental Bank countries. The scholarship provides students to choose from various fields, including economics, management, science and technology and other development-related areas.
The students who will be applying for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) would be studying at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. This university provides unprecedented access to international research projects, an extensive range of networks, and other funding opportunities.
The eligible candidates have to return to their home country after degree completion and contributing towards developmental projects in their country. Furthermore, this scholarship will be providing a Tuition fees waiver, return airfare, Basic accommodation cost, Health and medical insurance and a special grant to the scholars who will be conducting the research.
Some key details about the scholarship
The University of Auckland
Masters Degree Level
|Australia||Hong Kong, China||Nepal||Switzerland|
|Austria||India||New Zealand||Taipei, China|
|Brunei Darussalam||Kazakhstan||Papua New Guinea||Tonga|
|Cambodia||Kiribati||People’s Republic of China||Turkey|
|Cook Islands||Lao People’s Democratic Republic||Portugal||Tuvalu|
|Denmark||Luxembourg||Republic of Korea||United Kingdom|
|Federated States of Micronesia||Malaysia||Samoa||United States|
|Finland||Marshall Islands||Solomon Islands||Vanuatu|
- You should hold a nationality l of ADB’s member countries
- Applicants must have received an offer letter for an eligible Masters course before applying for the scholarship.
- You must have a Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- You must have at least two years of professional experience after degree completion while applying.
- The candidate must be under 35 years of age, but only in exceptional cases, 45 years as the age limit, will be considered.
- You have to return to your own country after degree completion.
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- A Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. It must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
And this has to be submitted in the full post to the following address
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
- A full tuition fee waiver will be provided.
- A return airfare will be provided.
- A basic accommodation allowance will be provided.
- Health and medical insurance will be covered.
- A special grant will be awarded to the scholars who will be conducting the research.
All interested candidates must send the application by 19 July 2021.
1. What are the scholarship programmes for the University of Auckland?
The University of Auckland programs covered by this scholarship scheme is limited to the following Master of Public Health, Master of Science (Environmental Science), Master of Arts (Development Studies), Master of International Business and Masters Program in Engineering.