According to the World Bank, The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is open to citizens of certain developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts applying to a Master degree program in a development-related topic. So if you are an aspiring researcher who wishes to change the developing world, you must apply for this scholarship.
The Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is a fully-funded International Scholarship Program. Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program 2021 welcomes international students to promote education, economic development, human resources, and capacity building.
Since 1987, JJWBGSP has enabled more than 6,000 mid-career professionals from 160 developing countries and Japan to complete graduate degrees in development-related fields. On an annual basis, the Government of Japan solely funds the JJWBGSP. This scholarship is opened at the Master’s degree level.
Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship – 2021
This Scholarship offers scholarships for 48 Participating Programs at universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
This scholarship program is for two years in which young researchers will be contributing towards the mission of the World Bank. After earning their degree, developing country scholars commit to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries’ social and economic development.
This scholarship supplies economy class air tickets, medical insurance, tuition fee waiver, a monthly stipend, meal, and accommodation expenses. Let’s discuss the Joint Japan World Bank scholarship 2021 in detail.
- A candidate must be a national of a World Bank member developing country.
- They must not hold dual nationality.
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least three years before the Application Deadline.
- They must have three years of experience in a development-related field.
- A candidate must be good in physical and mental health.
This scholarship all most covers every expense of a candidate. The fields which are funded by the scholarship are mentioned below.
- Economy class air tickets
- Medical insurance
- Tuition fee waiver
- A monthly stipend
- Meal expenses
- Accommodation expenses
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application costs
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships
- The call for applications for a JJWBGSP Scholarship opening date is March 22, 2021, and the deadline for applying is May 21, 2021.
- All interested candidates must apply for the university program before applying to the program.
- After getting an unconditional letter from the university, a candidate is eligible to apply.
- The application would be filled out on the official website.
- Do read all the information on the official website before applying.
The application deadline for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program 2021 is 21st May 2021.
1. What is the World Bank Scholarship Program?
The World Bank Scholarships Program offers two sources of funding for graduate studies in development-related fields for mid-career professionals and researchers: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP). Since 1987, JJWBGSP has enabled more than 6,000 mid-career professionals from developing countries.
2. Which all countries host this scholarship?
The Host Countries for JJWBGSP are the United States of America, Africa, Japan, Oceania and Europe.