A Masters in Automotive engineering from Germany is a 1.5 to a 2-year course offered by some of Germany’s top universities.
For students seeking higher studies in Germany, the program is available mostly as an MSc in Automotive Engineering. A Masters in automotive engineering deals with extensive research involving automotive design principles.
Cost of MS in Germany for Indian Students – Get Insights Here!
Why Study Masters in Automotive Engineering in Germany?
- Higher education at public universities in Germany is offered for free. However, international students must pay the semester fee and the other administrative costs and living expenses.
- Although most of the Masters in automotive engineering programs in Germany are offered in the German language, there are a few English-taught study programs.
- Germany is referred to as the world’s automotive hub of innovation. It is recognised for its outstanding automotive industry and excellence in engineering.
- According to the German Association of Automotive Industry, more than 800,000 people are employed directly, and the automotive industry indirectly uses almost 2 million people. This makes it one of the biggest industries in Germany.
- In 2018, the automotive industry’s employment in Germany rose for the seventh year in succession and reached the highest level since 1991.
MS in Automotive Engineering – Course highlights
Below are mentioned some of the key details of pursuing this course from top universities in Germany:
|Course Duration||1.5 to 2 years|
|Entrance Exams||Language proficiency and GRE|
|Tuition fees||500-3000 Euro|
|Top Recruiters||Volkswagen, BMW, Daimler, Continental, or Bosch|
|Average Salaries||5100-13,160 Euro/month|
Study in Germany for Indian Students
Masters in Automotive Engineering in Germany – Admission Requirements
To be eligible for a Masters in automotive engineering in Germany, international students must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field of study
- Degrees must be from a recognised university.
- Scores of standardised tests such as GRE are mandatory for international students to submit (for a few programs)
- Meet the language requirements- English or German
What are the required documents?
While applying for Masters in automotive engineering in Germany, applicants are required to complete their admission application online and submit the following documents-
- Completed admission application form
- Copy of academic transcripts from all educational institutions with their English or German translations
- Scores of standardised tests to study in Germany
- Language Proficiency Scores- German or TOEFL or IELTS or equivalent
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Motivation
- Preliminary Documentation (VPD) (for required universities)
- Additional documents such as internship certificates, job references, recommendation letters (if required)
- Copy of passport
Student Visa to study in Germany
For studies in Germany, an international student must have a student visa. The visa application cost is around 75 EUR (INR 6256). The visa permits you to obtain a resident permit to stay in Germany. The checklist for a German student visa includes:
- An application form with a cover letter stating the purpose and duration of stay
- A valid passport
- Two recent photographs
- Acceptance letter from a German university
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- A German language proficiency certificate or proof that you intend on pursuing a language course in Germany
- Proof of a valid private or public health insurance
- Proof of economic status to study in Germany with the availability of about 8,700 EUR per year)
Top Engineering Universities in Germany
What are the top universities providing this course in Germany?
Here is a list of top colleges and universities in Germany that offer a Masters degree in Automotive engineering:
|University||Program Name||Language of Instruction||Duration (in years)||Annual Fee (in EUR)|
|Hamburg University of Applied Sciences||MSc Automotive Engineering||German||1.5||670|
|FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences||MSc International Automotive Engineering||English||1.5||19,500|
|University of Cologne (TH Koln)||MSc Automotive Engineering||German||1.5||540|
|Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt||MEng Automotive Engineering||German||1.5||900|
|University of Duisburg-Essen||MSc Automotive Engineering and Management||German||1.5||638|
|Munich University of Applied Sciences||MSc Automotive Engineering||German||2||895|
|Esslingen University of Applied Sciences||MEng Automotive Engineering||German||1.5||3,000|
|Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences||MSc Automotive Engineering||German||2||706|
Masters in Automotive Engineering in Germany – Jobs
Germany is one of the top 4 automobile manufacturers globally alongside the United States, China, and Japan. Germany is home to global automotive companies like Volkswagen, BMW, Daimler, Continental, or Bosch. The combined market capitalisation of these automobile companies exceeds 200 billion EUR making the automobile the main driver of the German economy.
Some of the top jobs in Germany for Masters in automotive engineering graduates are:
|Occupation||Average Annual Salary (in EUR)|
|Automotive Test Engineer||126,000|
|Motor Vehicle Inspector||111,000|
|Diesel Engine Specialist||76,100|
|Automotive Project Engineer||102,000|
|Auto Parts Manager||134,000|
FAQ’s on Masters in Automotive Engineering
Q1. Is it mandatory to have German language proficiency for pursuing Masters in automotive engineering in Germany?
Ans. No. However, most German universities have German as their primary education mode for Masters in automotive engineering programs. Hence, it is always an added advantage as you can then apply with a more significant number of universities and your chances of getting admissions are improved.
Q2. How much would a master in automotive engineering from Germany cost?
Ans. Masters in automotive engineering in Germany can cost anywhere between 500 to 3000 Euro annually. This for Indian students equals around 44,000 to 6 lakhs INR. The cheapest university for the program is TU Munich, where the program costs about 46,000 INR.
Q3. What is required to apply for Masters in automotive engineering in Germany?
Ans. You must have a bachelor’s in relevant fields, such as automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, etc. GRE scores are also required when applying for some of the German universities. Additionally, you will be required to have language proficiency, either English or German, based on the mode of instruction at the chosen university.
This was our complete guide on pursuing a Masters degree in automotive engineering from top universities in Germany. We further hope we were able to resolve any queries you would have had.