This Blog Includes :
- 1 Eligibility for the Chevening Scholarship in UK
- 2 Benefits of Chevening Scholarship in UK
- 3 Requirements for Chevening Scholarship in UK
- 4 Deadline for Application
- 5 How to win the Chevening Scholarship In UK?
- 6 How to write you application essay?
When it comes to the UK, it is one of the most prominent countries in the world in the fields of tourism, business, and education. Every year, thousands of students travel to the UK to study in renowned universities. Moreover, to help students study in universities, the government of the UK has arranged for several scholarship programs. The Chevening Scholarship in the UK is one of the many scholarship programs offered by the UK government for a one-year master’s programme.
Eligibility for the Chevening Scholarship in UK
Chevening Scholarship is one of the most competitive scholarships in the UK. The scholarship is open to all international students. Students from all countries can apply for the scholarship. If you are planning to pursue a Postgraduate Master’s Degree program in the UK, aiming to win the Chevening scholarship will benefit you immensely.
- A candidate should be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Have a UK second- class 2.1 Ug degree.
- Should possess two years work experience.
- Expected to have an unconditional offer for masters at
Benefits of Chevening Scholarship in UK
The Chevening Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program. The scholarship program will cover all your expenses. For example, tuition fees, accommodation, books, stipend, travel, and visa expenses will be covered under the scholarship.
The scholarship program covers 12,000 master’s degree courses spread over 150 colleges and universities. Most of the universities participate in the scholarship program.
Requirements for Chevening Scholarship in UK
For the year 2020 – 2021, the Chevening Scholarship program has excluded the English language requirements. Due to the Covid-19, such a decision was implemented.
The most interesting part about Chevening Scholarship is that it does not require a candidate to have any practical work experience. However, applicants must have at least 2 years of working experience in any of the following categories –
- Voluntary Works
- Paid / unpaid Internships
- Part-time Employment
- Full-time Employment
Deadline for Application
Due to the pandemic, the application window is narrow. The application procedures open on 3rd August 2021 at 4:30 PM IST and are scheduled to close on 2nd November 2021 at 5:30 PM IST.
How to win the Chevening Scholarship In UK?
To begin with, the race to win the Chevening Scholarship Program is very competitive. According to reports, The UK Government received around 68,000 applications from 168 countries in the year 2018 – 2019. However, only 1800 applications made it through.
- Since every master’s course duration is one year, your scholarship application must list at least 3 courses.
- Send your application to more than 3 colleges or universities. If you are applying to at least 5 colleges, you will secure a sure admission in any one of them.
- You can either apply for the same 3 courses in different universities or apply for 3 different courses in different universities. Since the choices cannot be changed later on, choose your courses wisely.
- You don’t need to have an admission letter to apply for the scholarship. In your application, give preference to universities of your choice. However, you can change your preferences later on.
- The whole application process takes nearly a year to get completed. For example, the application process includes an interview, conditional offer, final award, and pre-departure procedures other than the application process.
How to write you application essay?
For your application to get selected, you need to write your essay with conviction. Try to write your essay in such a way that it clearly defines the best qualities and capabilities in you.
Exhibit leadership qualities
Refrain from stating the obvious in your application. In order to make your application stand out, talk about your skills. Consider your skillset and write the leadership section accordingly. Represent your leadership qualities in such a way that it helps elevating the organization you are working for or the society you are living in.
In the work experience section, briefly describe what roles you played in the past. Do not go on explaining every detail. Make sure that your application essay is crisp and concise.
In the post-study plans section, talk about your plans to stay in the UK and work in the field of study within the country itself.
Ensure the quality
Make sure that you do not copy any part of your application. Write your own essay in your own language instead of asking someone to write an essay for you. Or else, you will not create a great impression in your interview.
Prepare your references
Choose your references carefully. Along with your application, you must submit the names of 2 referees. Inform your referees about the application because once you get selected for the interview, you will need to submit the reference letters.
Prepare for interview
Once you get selected, you need to prepare for the interview. You’ll receive an email for booking your interview slot, once booked it cannot be rescheduled. You’ll be asked to upload necessary documents like a passport or any other ID proof. The requirements of documents may vary from country to country. The candidates will receive their results after the global interview period. You’re not supposed to contact your local British embassy for updates.
FAQ’s about The Chevening Scholarship
What is the duration of the interview?
Ans. The interview lasts for an hour or so.
Which type of questions are asked in the interview?
Ans. We cannot predict what the interviewer has in mind but the most asked questions revolve around convincing the panel about why you are suitable for the opportunity.
For the year 2022 – 2023, the global interview window is from 28th February 2022 to 29th April 2022.
Results are expected from early June 2022.
The deadline to receive and submit at least one unconditional UK university is 14th July 2022 PM IST.