Documents required for F1 Visa Application in the US
The F1 Visa authorizes international students to enter the United States and pursue higher studies in the US. Documents for F1 Visa are important for you to stay and study in the US.
Once accepted, the candidate needs to carry the below mentioned necessary documents for visa stamping:
Know about Countries that let Graduates [Foreign] stay the longest!
- Firstly, Original Passport (along with old and expired passports, if any) and a copy of the front and back page.
- Passport size photograph, compliant with the format outlined in the Photograph Requirements.
- Form DS-160 with CEAC barcode.
- Receipt of Visa fee payment. These Documents for F1 visas are important for your travel.
- Interview Appointment letter and a copy of it.
- SEVIS generated Form I-20 and a copy. Moreover, if the student is accompanied, the accompanying persons should have separate I-20 form through the university though they need not get registered in SEVIS.
- SEVIS payment receipt I-901 and a copy.
- Financial resources evidence for the proof of funds available for fee payment throughout the education. You will need these Documents for F1 Visa for your higher education in the US.
- The candidate must have documents for financial evidence. For 3 years tax return statements, 3 years bank statements, loan approval if the loan is taken, payslips and employment letter, chartered accountant statement.
- Candidate must have the scholarship received mentioned in the Form I-20.
- A candidate must have all the educational documents. You should carry the highest qualified degree certificates or a Bonafide certificate and mark-sheets. Test scores of GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GMAT, or LSAT depending on the university requirements for the course are mandatory.
- Candidates must carry all acceptance and rejection letters issued by various universities during the application process.
- The candidate should also carry a copy of all the documents submitted to the university like Application Form, SOP, Recommendation Letters, Resume, etc.
Learn the LETTER OF INTEREST AND COVER LETTER
- The candidate cannot issue the F1 Visa no earlier than 120 days before the starting date of the course.
- The F1 Visa enables the candidate to enter the US no earlier than 30 days before the starting date of the course.
- The validity of F-1 Visa is for as long as stated on the I-20 Form along with an extension for Optional Practical Training and is usually capped to five years.
- If the F1 Visa does not cover the whole duration of the study, the candidate would have to return to the home country and apply for renewal or extension (interview may be omitted though citing that the process has been done earlier already and the intent is to return back to home country upon completion of studies).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What papers are necessary for a student visa to the United States?
Ans. The following documents are necessary for a student visa to the United States:
- A passport that is valid for a minimum of six months
- DS-160 Confirmation
- Appointment letter for a visa
- Current photographs
- Receipts for fees.
- Certificates of education
- Evidence of financial stability
Q2. Is it tough to obtain an F1 visa?
Ans. The F1 Visa is a simple visa to qualify for; nevertheless, it is a long process that can result in a variety of issues; the greatest thing to do is to be truthful in your application, ensure that you possess all of the essential documents, and like with anything else in life.
Q3. Is a bank statement required for the F1 visa interview?
Ans. Yes, a bank statement is among the few financial information that have been designated as needed financial documentation for US student visa applications. Other types of F-1 visa evidence of funds comprise property documents, a loan letter, a passbook, etc.
At ForeignAdmits, we understand how important this decision is. We are here to help you every step of the way, from finding the right school to getting admitted and securing scholarships.