Studying in the United States Of America is a dream for many, if not millions. As each year passes, millions of students travel to the USA with a dream of studying at an American University. Why? Because America is the hub for literally everything. Be it education or business, you name the list and America is already topping that list. On top of that, American Universities offer the best scholarships to facilitate the dreams of many students. For example, the Fulbright Scholarship in the USA is a wonderful opportunity for students to pursue their higher education.
Why Study In USA?
Before investing your hard-earned money to fund your American education, let’s take a look at these reasons why you should study in America.
- A US Degree comes with a reputation of its own. The top universities in America are not only reputable but have a brand value of its own due to excellent academic records. Thus, having an American degree will automatically increase your chances of securing a job after graduation.
- Be exposed to cultural diversity when you study in American Universities. When you choose to study in America, you get introduced to a host of new people from various cultures and countries.
- Get the opportunity to procure the best jobs in America and abroad. America has been blessed with industries where you can work after graduation.
What is the Fulbright Scholarship in USA?
The Fulbright Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the United States of America. This is a fully-funded scholarship program offered to 4500+ international students. If you want to pursue your Masters, MPhil, or Ph.D. degree in America, you should definitely apply for the Fulbright Scholarship.
Benefits of Fulbright Scholarship in USA
- The Fulbright Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship which covers all the educational expenses of the students. Thus, this scholarship will cover your full tuition fee.
- The Fulbright Scholarship covers the expenses of all the textbooks required during your academic years. As a result, under this scholarship, you will not have to pay anything on your textbooks.
- Once you move to the USA, the Fulbright scholarship will provide you with a computer. Along with a computer, this scholarship will provide a settling-in allowance.
- The Fulbright scholarship will cover your health insurance expenses. Thus, if you ever fall sick while studying in the US, the governing body of the scholarship will pay for your medical expenses.
- Once the university of your choice accepts your application, all you need to do is fly to the US. The Fulbright scholarship will assist you in the visa application and cover your visa expenses.
- The Fulbright scholarship enables a student to earn while studying in the US. Under the scholarship, a student will receive a monthly stipend of $1000 to $2500. The stipend depends on the city of your residence.
Also Read About Resume Writing – All You need to know
Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright Scholarship in USA
The Fulbright Scholarship provides grants to international graduates, professionals, and young artists, encouraging them to conduct research and study in the US. The eligibility criteria for applying to the Fulbright scholarship are as follows –
- A candidate must have a TOEFL score
- GRE scores are not mandatory for a candidate
- Recent Graduates can apply
- For the Master’s degree program, one must fulfill 16 years of formal education from an accredited university. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a combined Bachelor’s and Master’s degree of 4 years.
- MBA aspirants and candidates seeking a Masters degree in Public Policy/Administration must have 2 years of working experience
- For the Ph.D. degree program, one must fulfill 18 years of formal education from an accredited university. Candidates must hold a Master’s or an M.Phil degree of 2 years.
- Preference for candidates from teaching, research, and public sector background
Documents for Fulbright Scholarship in US
- A candidate must have an application form
- While applying, a candidate must have three reference letters
- A student must carry scanned copies of attested transcripts
Deadline for Fulbright Scholarship in US
The application deadline is different for every country. For further information, visit the official website.