GP Birla Educational Foundation is a trust to provide scholarships to students in West Bengal. Late GP Birla’s dreams have to lead to the formation of this trust. He was a renowned industrialist and philanthropist. Every year this trust grants GP Birla scholarship worth R.50,000 to 100 chosen students.
The scholarship is granted to meritorious students in order to help them pursue their dreams. Through the scholarship, the trust wants to ensure a bright future for the country. They want to empower the youth, develop human resources, and promote education.
What is the GP Birla scholarship? Who can apply for the GP Birla scholarship? What is the eligibility for the GP Birla scholarship?
Also Read: MIM scholarship
If you need any help to apply for scholarships or grants, contact us.
Eligibility criteria for GP Birla Scholarship
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The candidate’s parental income (including mothers) should be below Rs.3,00,000. Though this criterion is strictly followed, it may be relaxed for exceptional candidates who score above 97% in their ISCE/CBSE board in XII or above 95% in the WBCHSE board. The relaxation is done only after the discretion of the trustees.
- The candidate’s score in XII board WBCHSE should be 80% or more or 85% or more in ICSE/CBSE board.
- Both male and female candidates can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is applicable for UG only. It does not apply to PG or diploma courses.
- The scholarship is granted irrespective of the choice of stream. Meaning that it applies to all subjects and in all recognized universities.
How to Apply to the Scholarship
The applications for the scholarship are both offline and online. However, if you want to apply online then click here to download the application form. Similarly, to apply offline you can send the filled application form to the address mentioned below.
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata
PO Box: 700 019
(Landmark: Calcutta Ice Skating Rink)
To apply online follow these steps:
- Visit their official website. Then go to the application page.
- Next fill in the application form with correct spellings.
- Finally, upload the required documents ( like the XII memo, Proof of admission, income certificate, etc )
Although the applications for the year 2020 have been closed, you can apply for the next academic year in July. The last date for submitting the application forms is 30th Sep.
After the application process is done, you will be interviewed by an expert panel. The panel currently comprises Prof. Sumanta Basu from IIT, Kolkata and Dr, Rajib Das from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Most often the interview is scheduled in Oct.
Finally, the list of selected candidates will be displayed on the website. Click here to check the results.
Amount and Grants of GP Birla scholarship
The total amount per student per year is Rs.50,000. Furthermore, they can cover the hostel fee if applicable. Additionally, the payment for books in the first year is also covered by an extra amount of Rs. 7000. Nonetheless, keep in mind that the scholarship is granted only for a year. Yet it can be continued to the next year based on the individual’s performance.
Contact GP Birla
- Phone: +91 8479915170
( Mon-Fri 9-5 )
- Address: 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata
- P O Box: 700019
Also Read: Ireland Government scholarship 2021.
There is a saying by MK Gandhi that goes like,
“ Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
Education should not stop for reasons like financial problems. Educate yourself and it will make a difference for generations to come.
To get help with scholarships, grants for other states or to study abroad for free, contact us.