GP Birla Educational Foundation is a trust that provides scholarships to students in West Bengal. Late GP Birla’s dreams have led to the formation of this trust. He was a renowned industrialist and philanthropist. Every year this trust grants GP Birla a scholarship worth Rs. 50,000/ student to 100 chosen students.
The scholarship is granted to meritorious students in order to help them pursue their dreams. Through the scholarship, the trust wants to ensure a bright future for the country. They want to empower the youth, develop human resources, and promote education.
What is the GP Birla scholarship? Who can apply for the GP Birla scholarship? What is the eligibility for the GP Birla scholarship?
If you need any help to apply for scholarships or grants, contact us.
Eligibility criteria for GP Birla Scholarship
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The candidate’s parental income (including mothers) should be below Rs.3,00,000. Though this criterion is strictly followed, it may be relaxed for exceptional candidates who score above 97% in their ISCE/CBSE board in XII or above 95% in the WBCHSE board. The relaxation is done only after the discretion of the trustees.
- A candidate must have scored at least 85% in class XII from WBCHSE while ICSE/CBSE students must have acquired at least 90%.
- Both male and female candidates can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is applicable for UG only. It does not apply to PG or diploma courses.
- The scholarship is granted irrespective of the choice of stream. Meaning that it applies to all subjects and in all recognized universities.
- GP Birla Scholarship is provided on an yearly basis. If a scholar continues to perform exceptionally, he/she can apply for the following year as well.
How to Apply to the Scholarship
The applications for the scholarship are both offline and online. However, if you want to apply online then click here to download the application form. Similarly, to apply offline you can send the filled application form to the address mentioned below.
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata
PO Box: 700 019
(Landmark: Calcutta Ice Skating Rink)
To apply online follow these steps:
- Visit their official website. Then go to the application page.
- Next fill in the application form with correct spellings.
- Finally, upload the required documents ( like the XII memo, Proof of admission, income certificate, etc )
The official body is currently taking applications for the academic year 2022. The last date for interested and eligible candidates to apply for the GP Birla Scholarship is October 31, 2021.
After the application process is done, you will be interviewed by an expert panel. The panel currently comprises Prof. Sumanta Basu from IIT, Kolkata and Dr, Rajib Das from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Most often the interview is scheduled in October.
Finally, the list of selected candidates will be displayed on the website. Click here to check the results.
Amount and Grants of GP Birla scholarship
The total amount per student per year is Rs.50,000. Furthermore, they can cover the hostel fee if applicable. Additionally, the payment for books in the first year is also covered by an extra amount of Rs. 7000. Nonetheless, keep in mind that the scholarship is granted only for a year. Yet it can be continued to the next year based on the individual’s performance.
Contact GP Birla
- Phone: +91 8479915170
( Mon-Fri 9 am – 5 pm)
- Address: 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata
- P O Box: 700019
Also, Read Ireland Government scholarship 2021.
There is a saying by MK Gandhi that goes like this,
“ Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
Education should not stop for reasons like financial problems. Educate yourself and it will make a difference for generations to come.
To get help with scholarships, grants for other states or to study abroad for free, ForeignAdmits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Who can apply for the GP Birla scholarship?
Ans. The following are the essential eligibility criteria for scholarship:
- The candidate has to be a West Bengal resident.
- The annual income of the family should be below Rs. 3 lakhs.
- If appearing in the State Board, the candidate must have 80 percent of the marks in the 12th class, whereas CBSE students must have 85 percent of the marks.
- Candidates should be from a recognised Indian University or Institution in the fields of Arts, Medicine, Science, Engineering, Law, Architecture, Commerce, or professional programs such as Cost Accountancy, Company Secretaryship, and Chartered Accountancy.
Q2. What papers are required for the GP Birla Scholarship?
Ans. Students must submit/ attach the following documents for the process.
- Voter card, Aadhar Card, and other forms of identification
- 12th grade mark sheet
- Receipt of Fee or Admission
- Residential Proof
- Income Certificate
Q3. Where can we enrol for the GP Birla Scholarship?
Ans. Applicants must go to the online webpage of the GP Birla Educational Foundation Trust, which is https://www.gpbirlaedufoundation.com/ and enrol themselves for the scholarship.
Q4. Q4. How can I find out the results of the GP Birla Scholarships?
Ans. Students may view the GP Birla Scholarship result y with the help of following instructions:
- Applicants must go to the online webpage, that is, https://www.gpbirlaedufoundation.com/.
- Then, from the home page, choose the Result option.
- Select the result (year) link and click on it.
- Add the birth date and application number.
- See the result by clicking on it.
Q5. Can we fill the application form of the scholarship offline?
Ans. Yes, you can opt the offline method to enrol for the GP Birla Scholarship. The steps are:
- Download the form from the Trust’s official webpage.
- Fill the scholarship form carefully.
- Send the form to the address of the Foundation Trust before the due date.
At ForeignAdmits, we understand how important this decision is. We are here to help you every step of the way, from finding the right school to getting admitted and securing scholarships.
ForeignAdmits have a team of experienced counsellors. We can provide you with customized guidance based on your individual needs contact us today to get started. We look forward to helping you achieve your educational and career goals!