The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) was founded in 2009. It is a private institute in Saudi Arabia. It is a co-ed university with English as the medium of guidance. This university was ranked 8th as the fastest rising young schools in 2019.
The KAUST scholarship by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is to recruit qualified candidates, national and international.
This institute offers Masters and PhD courses and the seat in the college is strictly through merit list ranking.
At present, the institute hosts students from over 60 countries and takes applications from students of 220 universities worldwide.
Also, the institute selects 150 students approximately from all over the world for their courses in Masters and PhD.
The forms are first reviewed by the staff of the institute and the listed students are reached for further discussion.
Also, the government of Saudi Arabia announced 600 Scholarships to Study in Saudi Arabia in 2021.
KAUST scholarship details
- Hosting institute: The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Field: Masters and PhD in Natural Sciences, Engineering, Computer, Physical Sciences and many more subjects
- Course level: Masters, MS/PhD
- Financial aid: Fully funded
- Duration: Duration of student’s graduate studies
- Eligible countries: Open to students worldwide
Available fields and Majors offered by KAUST
Masters of Science degree
Entrance to the Master of Science (M.S.) course needs a valid completion of an Undergrad Degree (bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field, such as Engineering, Mathematics, or the Physical, Chemical, and Biological Sciences.
Entrance to the PhD further requires a Bachelors or Masters degree in related fields of study chosen. Below are the fields of study for the PhD program:
- Applied Math and Computational Science
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Science
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Computer Science
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering
- Environmental Sc. and Engineering
- Marine Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Science
Advantages of the KAUST scholarship
The institute is, above all, very supportive and provides many facilities for selected students who make it on the campus.
Facilities are offered to them during their course of stay. They are further given below:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowance (between $20,000-30,000 based on the course, skill and progression of the degree)
- Housing (hostels and PG’s)
- Medical and Dental coverage plan
- Relocation aid
The KAUST is very supportive of its students who earn a seat in their college through merit ranking.
KAUST Scholarship Eligibility
The KAUST award is now live, it is a fully-funded scholarship for Masters and PhD in relevant fields. Besides, check your eligibility to apply for this scholarship below.
To be eligible for the KAUST award, students must meet the criteria:
- Firstly, the student must have a bachelors/masters degree in the field of study linked to the university’s curriculum.
- The candidate must further meet all the terms for entry into the master’s program or PhD.
- Students may not hold any other scholarship at the same time.
- Also, the scholarship is open to students starting their course from fall or spring.
- Moreover, no minimum GPA condition is mentioned, the faculty reviews the application as a whole, and their judgment will be final and subject to no changes on request.
- The student must also meet the requirement of any English proficiency test accepted. (TOEFL or IELTS)
- GRE is not required, but it is encouraged to raise your chances of selection.
To apply for the KAUST scholarship for the fall semester of 2021, click here.
There is no entry fee for the scholarship but it requires the following documents to apply:
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae (CV) / Resume
- Official transcripts
- Three recommendation letters
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scorecard (79 and 6.0 being the cut-off respectively)
- Official GRE scorecard (not compulsory)
How to apply for the KAUST scholarship 2021?
The application process is entirely online through the KAUST online application portal.
- January 15, 2021: first, second, third round
- March 1, 2021: the last date to apply for the final round
To Apply for the KAUST Scholarship, please visit the official website.
Above all, ForeignAdmits provides you with world-class mentors and counsellors from around the globe. Hence, make complete use of the opportunities coming your way and contact our mentors for expert opinion and professional help.