It is a known fact that if you hold a degree or certificate from abroad, it is much valuable. So why not you opt for an MBA degree from abroad rather than from India? In the previous blog, you have known about the Top Entrance Exam For MBA and here you will know in detail.
To begin with, the grown popularity of an MBA is getting over-competitive and tough. To secure a seat in India, the applicants have a neck-to-neck fight among themselves. In fact, you should avoid errors in your application form. Additionally, the syllabus offered here is out-dated and the jobs then you will be offered here won’t be satisfying. Subsequently, if you consider an MBA from abroad, you have to appear for one entrance exam i.e., GRE or GMAT. Even the curriculum is up-to-date, and better job opportunities and a broad career spectrum for that you have to win admission in B-school.
Accordingly, it is a sensible decision for Indian Students to prefer an MBA degree from foreign universities.
MBA Entrance Exam Abroad
There are two kinds of entrance exams for overseas MBA programs. The first category is designed to measure the aptitude for corporate management. The second category is to know the comfortability with the English language. The former entrance exam is GRE and GMAT and latter is TOFEL and IELTS. Among these four entrance exams, GRE and GMAT are prior important from an MBA career.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is conducted by the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC). Nearly 7,100 management courses are available in various Business schools around the world. It is conducted across 600 centers in 114 countries around the world.
GMAT registration is open throughout the year and the candidates as per their convenience can choose the GMAT Exam Date. In fact, if your score is not satisfying, you can re-appear for the exam and schedule it as per your convenience.
- The exam duration is 3 hours 7 minutes.
- There are four sections: Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning. If you want to change the section in between, you can do it. Quantitative Reasoning & Verbal Reasoning section is of MCQ computer-adaptive type questions.
- Since the GMAT exam is expensive, it is recommended to do advance planning, serious preparation and focus on the exam. Its cost is approximately Rs 17,500 and is much much higher than CAT (Rs 1,900) or XAT (Rs 1,700).
- GMAT is a ‘computer-adaptive’ exam which means the level of the difficulty of the questions which you will see depends on your previous response to the question. For example, If the question you attempted is correct the following question will be of higher difficulty level & if the question you attempted is incorrect next question will be easier than the previous one. Your total score will depend on the level of difficulty of questions which you have attempted correctly.
- The total maximum marks for GMAT are 800 and if you got a score 700+, it is genuinely excellent.
- The score for GMAT is valid for five years after a prospective student takes it.
The full form of GRE is “Graduate Record Examination”. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) has designed and administered it.
- To begin with, there are three different skills – verbal reasoning skills, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills.
- The overall test comes to around 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- The test is mainly computer-based. They do offer paper-based tests as well but they’re very rare so most likely you’re going to be taking the test on a computer.
- GRE application form is also expensive. It costs Rs 15,000 less expensive than GMAT. If you consider appearing for GRE, start planning and studying hard.
- You can attempt the GRE once in a span of 21 days so if you have to attempt it again you need to wait for 21 days before you can attempt again. You are free to select your exam date over a telephone, fax, mail and online
- The score for GRE is valid for five years after a prospective student takes it.
WHICH IS BETTER GRE or GMAT?
Initially, an MBA program abroad considered a GMAT score. But with the wide popularity of GRE, many B-schools have started to accept GRE score too. Therefore, you can opt for any one of the two keeping in mind your career opportunities.
If you are certain about your career in an MBA, GMAT is the best and would be an advantage for you. The GMAT score is a better indicator of a student’s capability and preparedness for a tough MBA program.
On the other hand, appearing for the GRE exam is beneficial as you can opt for a post-graduate or dual degree programma or even Ph.D. through this entrance exam.
Know about OPT and CPT
What Is The Application Process For MBA Entrance Exam Abroad?
Filling up an application form for MBA required a lot of patience. You have to fill each detail correctly as they will do further introspection. On top of that, the application form consists of general information, sections for essays, recommendations, and MBA entrance exam scores.
Know some of the Tips on TOEFL Ibt
IS WORK EXPERIENCE IMPORTANT?
Absolutely, when you are applying for an MBA program abroad, there is a strong requirement for it. Moreover, they look for a candidate that have prior work experience highlighting the meritorious achievements, professional accomplishments, and leadership qualities at work in your MBA application.
On top of that, B-school admission also demands their applicants to have good work experiences. They should acquire Leadership skills, soft and technical skills, and show Professional Maturity.
TOP MBA COLLEGES TO STUDY ABROAD
- Harvard Graduate School of Business
- INSEAD, France
- HEC, Paris, France
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, US
- London Business School, UK
- The Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania, US
- MIT Sloan School of Management, US
- Columbia Business School, US
- Said Business School, University of Oxford, UK
- IE Business School, Spain
Read about An Online Guide To TOEFL
To conclude, an MBA will open a host of opportunities for you. Moreover, the earning opportunities are even more enriching when you have a foreign MBA degree. Thus, you should definitely go for an MBA degree from a foreign university.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which can be the best entrance exam for studying MBA Abroad?
Ans. When you plan to study MBA from foreign countries, the best exam you must consider taking is GMAT. It stands as Graduate Management Admission Test. Students who wish to study MBA in management and business fields must apply and score a goof GMAT score to study MBA abroad.
Q2. What are some essential criteria to get admission into MBA abroad universities?
Ans. Some important criteria that are considered in overseas MBA universities are as under:
- Good GMAT points
- MBS essays
- Work Experience
- Competitive scores in languages tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- LOR from previous institutes.
Q3. Is the CAT test required for an MBA abroad?
Ans. GMAT, similar to CAT in India, has been the most widely acknowledged admission test in the world. However, only a few overseas B schools recognise the CAT score as genuine.
Q4. Is the GMAT superior than the cat?
Ans. The GMAT emerges as the superior choice than CAT due to its larger global acceptability, and also its expanding admittance to executive MBA programmes at IIMs and some other Indian business schools.
Q5. Is an overseas MBA valuable in India? Ans: An MBA from another country will certainly help you in India, making your life simpler. Furthermore, if you have gained some overseas experience and then came back to India for an employment, it will surely be more valuable than simply having an MBA