Study in USA for Indian Students after 12th [2022-23 Guide]

Study in USA for Indian Students after 12th [2022-23 Guide]

When you think of studying abroad, one of the most popular destinations that come to your mind will be the USA. Though the expenses are far higher than studying in India, the rate of Indian students in the USA keeps increasing by the year. The core reasons behind the rise in number are the lifestyle, ROI, and opportunities available. Here is a complete guide on how to study in USA for Indian students after 12th.

Also Read: How to save money in USA

So, if you are a student, currently studying in 12th standard or have completed your 12th, and are planning to move to the USA then you taking a wise decision. However, if you are not aware of the options and the application procedure then read this article till the end to know how to study in USA for Indian students after 12th.

For admission counseling and our services contact us at ForeignAdmits or call us at +918080679810

Research Before You Study in USA after 12th

Before moving into any country you must first look up at the most popular courses and job opportunities in that country. Doing thorough research will give you confidence in what course and which university you should decide on. Your research should also include the eligibility criteria, documents, visa process, fee, the deadline of admission, etc. Don’t forget to calculate the total cost of stay and make sure you have the required proof of funds.

Also Read: All You Need to Know about Purdue University, USA

Apart from these, academic performance and test scores are also important. Make sure you have the necessary test scores in SAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc. If you want to apply for a scholarship and funds then you should do some groundwork on that too.

The cost of living in the USA is affordable if you have a part-time job at hand. Search for part-time jobs surrounding your university.

Documents Required to Study in USA after 12th for Indian Students

The most important of all the documents required to study in USA for Indian students after 12th is the passport. As it takes a while to get your passport, apply well in advance. Next comes the tests, there are two of them, one English language test that is compulsory for all Indian students and the next one is the subject-wise test such an SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, etc. This one, on the other hand, depends on the subject you choose and the university you apply to. Keep a copy of the test scores ready to upload. Thirdly, translate your document, which includes your memos, and authorize them.

Another set of documents you need to keep ready are the letters of recommendation (LOR), Statement Of Purpose , and resume. Most universities in the USA ask for at least two letters of recommendation. They should be from teachers who know you very well and are willing to give good comments about you. Additionally, sometimes they may ask you to write an essay and prepare a portfolio if you are applying for an art or architecture program.

Admission Process to Study in USA for Indian Students after 12th

Admissions open twice in the USA in fall and spring. Choose your season and apply as soon as possible once they start the application process. To Study in USA for Indian students after 12th you need to go through these formalities. You have to fill in the application form, pay the application fee, and upload the required documents. After this, all you have to do is wait. It is a good practice to apply to two universities to increase your chances of selection. In case you get selected into both the universities you can contact us for counselling, we will guide you to the best university.

Also Read: Admission Process in USA for Undergraduate Students

Once you are shortlisted you will be called for a video interview, be calm, and present yourself in a good light. For help with the admission process or choice of university, contact us.

If you get selected, then they will mail you a letter of acceptance. Using this letter you have to apply for your student visa.

Visa Process to Study in USA for Indian Students after 12th

You have to do the visa processing or you can hire an agent. Basically, there are two types of student visas that you can apply for. The first one is the F1 visa, which is the most common one and it is meant for students who have more than 18 hours of study per week. Provide that you need to have a letter of acceptance from a recognized and accredited US university or school. Another type is the M1 visa which is meant for students on a vocational course or technical course. Dependents of F1 and M1 visas cannot work unless they apply for a work visa.

Also Read: Documents required for F1 Visa

Fill the visa application form that is officially called the nonimmigrant visa application DS-160. Click here to fill the form. Keep checking the status of your visa which has to be one of the two, issued, or refused. Once your visa is issued you are ready to board the plane.

Hope this article has resolved your queries on how to get admission and study in USA for Indian students after the 12th.

As quoted by Chantal Mitchell,

“Study abroad is the single most effective way of changing the world we view”.

Have a bright future and more importantly enjoy and learn from your stay.

For more queries, counseling, admission, or mentoring contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What are the criteria for Indian students to study in the United States?

Ans. The eligibility criteria to study in USA are as under:

  • Visa Requirements for US Students (F1 Visa)
  • A valid passport that is valid for a minimum of six months after your stay.
  • A recent passport-sized picture is required.
  • DS-160 confirmation page
  • Form I -20.
  • Payment of SEVIS application costs.
  • Non-immigrant visa application.

Q2. Can I go to the United States without IELTS?

Ans. Although IELTS is useful for persons studying in higher education, it’s not a mandatory exam for overseas students, such as Indian students, going to American colleges since it is allowed to study without IELTS.

Q3. How much of a disparity is tolerable in the United States?

Ans. A year’s gap is generally appropriate in the United States. If a candidate has taken a year off, he must be able to provide adequate proof to defend his decision. If a person left college or takes a study break due to medical issues, they must provide medical documentation.

Q4. Which test is necessary to study in the United States?

Standardized examinations for undergraduate admissions often include the following: 

  • Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) 
  • American College Testing (ACT)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

Q5. What is the age restriction for a student visa in the United States?

Ans. The age restriction for a student visa is 14 to 79 years. Candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher are considered exceptional instances. The interviewing requirements are set by the United States Consulate.

At ForeignAdmits, we understand how important this decision is. We are here to help you every step of the way, from finding the right school to getting admitted and securing scholarships.

ForeignAdmits have a team of experienced counsellors. We can provide you with customized guidance based on your individual needs contact us today to get started. We look forward to helping you achieve your educational and career goals!