Competition in India for MBBS has reached record highs. With such high bars to cross, new countries have become the hot spot for students to pursue their MBBS. For instance, Philippines, Russia and Ukraine. But is it even worth it to study MBBS in Ukraine?
Is the degree even valid? Is it worth it to study MBBS in Ukraine? What is the eligibility criterion to study in Ukraine and how is it different from traditional MBBS? Let’s clear all your doubts in this article regarding the education, quality of education and validity to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Ukraine: A hub of Medical Universities
Before we indulge into study part, let’s first know a little about Ukraine. Ukraine was a part of the USSR for a long time before becoming a single country. Ukraine, in the last few years, has become a hot spot for medical studies as the cost of living is comparatively cheaper than the rest of Europe and it provides the best education it can.
With exponentially increasing foreign admissions for medicine in Ukraine, several international students also take admission to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Ukraine
Make sure to check the requirements for each and every individual college as it varies. Most importantly, you should know the eligibility criteria to study MBBS in Ukraine so that you can make sure whether you will get an admission or not. These are few of the eligibility criteria that one must fulfil to be able to study medicine in Ukraine:
|Age||Must be 17-25 years|
|Marks obtained in 12th standard||50% or above in PCB + English (40% for SC/ST/OBC applicants)|
|NEET Score||Need to qualify NEET|
|SAT/ACT Scores||Not required|
|English Proficiency Test||Not required|
Documents required to study MBBS in Ukraine
- Application form of the university- filled with genuine information.
- 12th board certification and mark-sheet of a recognized board.
- Proof of 50% score in physics, chemistry, biology and English.
- A copy of a global passport with a validity period of no less than a year with a preference for two years or more.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- 6 passport sized photos.
- Prepaid expenses up to $300 of invitation letter, visa support letter.
Top MCI-recognized Universities to Study MBBS in Ukraine
Here are the top Universities for medicine in Ukraine:
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Crimea State Medical Institute
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
- Crimea State Medical University
- Donetsk State Medical University
- International Academy of Ecology & Medicine, Kharkivske, Ukraine
- Kharkiv National University
- Gorky’s Donetsk State Medical University
- Danylo Halytski Lviv State Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
Fee Structure of Ukraine Medical Colleges
Here is an average fees structure of colleges to study MBBS in Ukraine:
|Average tuition fee||3900-4000 USD (per annum)|
|Average Hostel fee||450-500 USD (per annum)|
|Total yearly average fees||4500 USD (per annum)|
|Total course fees||27,000 USD (6 years)|
How to Apply
The admission procedure is direct and needs no clearing of entrance exam (except for NEET). Firstly, you need to visit the official site of the university you are applying for and fill the online application form. Admission procedure happens on the basis of your eligibility criteria as well as the availability of seats.
Are you, too skeptical about the application procedure? So, get in touch with ForeignAdmits and get your profile evaluated, now!
Benefits to study MBBS in Ukraine
No entrance tests
On the other hand, unlike a number of other countries, as a medical student, you do not need to pass any entrance examination. Though, you do need to clear NEET exam. Certainly, this may be one of the reasons why international students apply to study MBBS in Ukraine. To study MBBS in Ukraine, one does not require writing any entrance examinations and can go via pathways each college is affiliated with.
Low Tuition Fees
The tuition fees to study MBBS in Ukraine are quite low. Indian students can easily afford tuition fees of Ukrainian medical colleges as it is lower than most of the private medical institutions of India.
Fee waiver Scholarships
The greatest benefit of studying medical in Ukraine is that one is eligible for the 100% fee waiver scholarships. As mentioned earlier, Ukraine has low tuition fees. A complete fee waiver after that would help lots of students. This is why Ukraine attracts more and more international students towards the universities.
Acceptance to Ukrainian Doctorate certificates is worldwide hence allowing one to practice medicine anywhere in Ukraine and globally.
Ukraine provides best quality education at a very affordable price. Above all, its high-graded research and exquisite campuses are value for the money invested. MCI has released a list of approved Ukrainian Medical Colleges that holds recognition in India.
Scope of MBBS from Ukraine
- There are a total of 18 Ukrainian universities that are approved by the Medical Council of India. As mentioned before, medical degrees of Ukraine award are recognized on a global level. So, that means that you can practise your medical license anywhere around the world.
- Those who want to practise their medical license in India need to pass the FMGE Screening Test.
- Most of the medical students who study MBBS in Ukraine get coaching to pass the FMGE screening test along with their medical education, so that they can pass the screening test on their first attempt.
- As the degree is valid anywhere around the world, to practise in US, you need to pass the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
The Bottom Line
Since we’ve busted the myths of the validity of the certificate and other work perspectives, you should consider studying MBBS in Ukraine. Being one of the upcoming hubs for medical studies, Ukraine is zooming through and soon taking the spot of world’s top education-based countries.
Do not miss out on such good opportunities of studying abroad because of misinformation or lack of knowledge. Rather work towards you dream to become a doctor whilst looking after your pocket.