This Blog Includes :
Ireland situated next to the United Kingdom is becoming a popular destination for higher education by International students. Moreover, the major reasons for choosing Ireland are energetic and beautiful city life, nature, and language. Getting access to the English language in a European nation is the major plus in choosing Ireland. Thus, if you want to go to Ireland for the Masters, then you should know why Ireland can be the best choice for you.
To begin with, the Irish education system is one of the top-ranked in Europe and you could find any course streams you would like to pursue. Let’s explore the advantages of pursuing a master’s in Ireland along with the procedures for admission and immigration processes.
University choices for Master’s
Ireland has Universities, Institute of Technology and Specialist colleges for students to choose based on the course of interest. For instance, seven public universities and one Institute of Technology is internationally ranked in the QS World University Ranking 2019.
The universities featured in the QS World Ranking are –
- Trinity College, Dublin
- University College, Dublin
- National University of Ireland Galway
- University College Cork
- Dublin City University
- University of Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Dublin Institute of Technology.
How to Apply?
To start with, you can apply through the online application on the university website. Moreover, few universities have an intermediate application process via PAC – Postgraduate Application Centre.
Additionally, the PAC charges a non-refundable fee of €50, and multiple applications can be submitted via PAC. Visit the PAC website to know more about the course and university details.
To begin with, the minimum admission prerequisite is the completion of an undergraduate degree with second class honors. On top of that, some universities require a personal statement with a field of interest.
However, English proficiency scores are much required for international students with an average score of
- Firstly, 63 in PTE
- Secondly, 6.5 in IELTS and
- Thirdly, 92 in TOEFL.
Furthermore, the scores vary with the course and university selected. In addition, the average tuition fee ranges between €9000 – €30000. On top of that, the tuition fees vary with the university and the course chosen.
To start with, various scholarships and tuition fee waivers are provided by the universities for postgraduate students. Additionally, funding bodies provide support for postgraduate students. Thus, choosing Ireland for Masters is a great decision in your higher education.
The Irish Research Council provides three funding schemes:
- Firstly, the Enterprise Partnership Programme supports researchers to learn key skills.
- Secondly, the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship supports International students seeking to study in Ireland.
- Thirdly, the Employment-based Postgraduate Program which operates via employer partnerships.
For further details visit HERE
Some popular scholarships are
- A 100% Tuition Fee Waiver The Achiever MBA Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver Max Arthur Macauliffe Special Merit Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver Global Graduate Scholarship
- A 50% Tuition Fee Waiver MSc Merit-Based Scholarship for International Students
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver Indian Academic Excellence Scholarship for Smurfit
- 50% Tuition Fee Waiver MSc Merit-Based Scholarships for International Students
- 25% Tuition Fee Waiver PG Kemmy Business School Scholarships
- A EUR 9000 Maynooth University Law Teaching Studentships 2018
- EUR 2,000 Postgraduate Merit Scholarships
- EUR 1,450 National College of Ireland Scholarships
Moreover, the students can get in touch with the universities for more details on scholarships and fee waivers.
Also Read About Countries that let Foreign Graduates stay the longest
To begin with, international students need a visa to stay in Ireland. Moreover, they must register with one of the following organizations upon arrival:
- For staying in Dublin – The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS)
- For staying outside Dublin – The Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB)
Additionally, the visa can be applied via Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service or via Irish Embassy or Consulate. The documents required for visa application are –
- A valid passport
- Proof of enrollment at Irish University and
- Proof of Health Insurance.
To start with, the career opportunities in Ireland are vast for students from Computer Science, IT, and Business backgrounds. For example, since many billion dollar companies like Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Intel have their European headquarters located in Ireland, the career opportunities open in the field of software, digital marketing, and management. Thus, Ireland for Masters is a great choice for aspirants.
In addition to this, for further information on knowing about why Ireland can be chosen for master’s and the application and immigration processes register for the following webinar.