Are you a native of Kerala and identify as a Muslim woman? If yes, then the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship is for you! The Directorate of Minority Welfare of Kerala Government is providing scholarships to women from the Muslim, Latin or Converted Christian community. What are the requirements? When is the deadline to apply? Know everything in this article:
|Scholarship||CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship|
|Award amount||4,000-12,000 INR per annum|
|Provider||Directorate of Minority Welfare|
|Gender who can apply||Female|
|Benefiters||Muslim/Latin/Converted Christian Community|
In order to apply for CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship, you need to fulfil some requirements. If you fulfil all the requirements and are eligible, then the Ministry Welfare will award you with the scholarship amount. Hence, the following is the eligibility criteria to avail CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship:
- Firstly, you must be a female candidate.
- Secondly, you must belong to Muslim/Latin/converted Christian community
- Thirdly, you must be a native of Kerala.
- Fourthly, you must be doing an undergraduate or graduate course from a Government or Government aided institution.
- Above all, your 12th board score must be 50% or above .
- You must have passed from a reputed Board of Education.
- Your overall family income should not be more than 8 lakhs per annum.
- Bank account in any nationalized bank with IFSC code.
- Above all, you must have completed your first-year admissions from a recognized college.
- Students who got admission to self financing colleges from merit seat are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship Amount
The government of Kerala offers awards to students who are natives of Kerala. Eligible students are awarded an amount of 5,000 to 13,000 INR per annum till their graduation or post-graduation (according to when they have applied). So, the following is a table that shows the number of awards received as per the course/requirement of the applicant:
|Course/requirement||Amount received per annum (INR)|
|Postgraduate students||5, 000|
|Professional courses||6, 000|
|Hostel Stipend||12, 000|
Note: Students who are applying for the hostel stipend can only apply for the hostel stipend, i.e., they will not be eligible for the scholarship awarded on the course.
Number of Scholarships Available
The number of scholarships available in the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship is ample amount. Hence, you are likely to get this scholarship if you fulfil all the eligibility criteria and have filled the online application form correctly.
For instance, here is a table showing the no of scholarships as per each department:
|Type of Applicant||No. of scholarships available|
|Professional Course Applicants||1000|
How to Apply for CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
Applying for the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship is pretty easy. All you have to do is to visit the official site of dcescholarships.kerala.gov.in and do the following steps:
Student Online Registration Form
- Check the list of scholarships offered by the Directorate of Ministry Welfare and then click on the scholarship of your choice.
- After that, you will find an information box on the top right corner of the screen with an option to “Apply Online”
- Click on the “Apply online” option that, as a result will lead you to the student online registration form.
- After that, fill in the basic details and other demographic info like name, address, parents’ name, Aadhar no, 12th boards roll no, Date of Birth etc.
- Set the user ID and password as asked in the end of the registration form. Keep the info safe with you for further reference.
Student Online Application for Scholarship
- After completing the student online registration form, consequently, you have to apply for the scholarship.
- Students are directly taken to the scholarship application form, i.e., where you have to choose CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship as your choice.
- Firstly, login through the candidate login menu.
- Further, fill in the required documents as per the size mentioned in the application form.
- Secondly proof-read all the information you have given and if everything is okay, click on “submit”.
- Thirdly, take a print-out of the application form or just save it as a PDF.
- Send the hard-copy of the application to your college for further review.
Like every scholarship form, the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship also requires some basic information and related documents as proof. After that, you will get a document of proof that the information given by you is genuine and that you are eligible to get the scholarship.
There are the documents you will need while applying for the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Secondary school leaving certificate (SSLC)
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card of student
- Ration card
- Minority certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bank Details
- Domicile certificate
- ID card copy issued by college
Deadlines to Apply for CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
Given below are the deadlines to apply for the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship for both new and renewal students:
After applying for the Scholarship
Once your application goes into review, you have to wait till it gets sanctioned. The sanctioning process happens around November/December. Hence, you will find the option to track your application on the official website around that time. Meanwhile, the Minority Welfare awards the scholarship around November/December.
|When is it Sanctioned?||November/December every year|
|Sanctioning Procedure||Sanctioned by the Project Officer after verification of Applications. Presently the amount is being awarded through online transfer to the given bank account|
|Time of disbursement||November/December|
Are you still having trouble finding scholarships and financial aid for your education? Get in touch with ForeignAdmits to get your profile evaluated, now!
Is the financial load of your education getting too much? Well, now you need not worry! If you too are a woman coming from a Muslim minority community and need financial aid to study, then the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship is there to your rescue. Meanwhile, applications have opened, go apply fast!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How does the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship work?
Ans. The DMW (Directorate of Minority Welfare), Kerala Government, offers the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship. The Muslim, Latin, or Converted Christian Community is eligible for this award for higher study to continue their study without financial constraints. These candidates must be in their first year of a UG program at a government or government-aided institution.
Q2. Who is eligible to apply for the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship?
Ans. They should have attended a government or government-aided university. Female candidates must be Muslims, Christians who have converted to Islam, or Latinas. They must be obtaining a diploma or higher education. They must have received at least 50% in their prior qualifying exams.
Q3. How can I verify the status of my CH Muhammed Koya scholarship?
Ans. The following is the procedure for verifying the CH Muhammed Koya scholarship:
- Visit the DMW, Govt of Kerala’s official website.
- To access the homepage, select ‘Registered Students Status’ from the ‘Home’ option.
- To track the progress, pick the scholarship kind, status, state, institution type, district, etc.