If you wish to study in the UK but got stuck in your home country, you need not worry as now you can take an online degree from one of the top UK Universities through fully-funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2021 in the UK. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2021 Scheme was established in 2002 as part of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s (CSC), and Department’s commitment to international development (DFID) ‘s search for new methods of scholarship delivery. It is offered to the citizens of developing Commonwealth countries.
This scholarship will be awarded to citizens of lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship mission is to uphold the Commonwealth principles while contributing to the UK’s international development, foreign interest, and support in higher education. The scholarship is in place to contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries.
The candidate will be getting training in their home countries. This distance education scholarship is awarded to talented and motivated applicants who are eligible for it; who can bring a developmental change in their home country. They should have leadership qualities and enough knowledge to work on a good cause. In this scholarship, you will be getting a full tuition fee waiver.
Areas of Scholarships
This scholarship is offered for six subjects which are:
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
List Of Scholarships 2021 – All you need to know!
- Candidates from the below-mentioned countries are eligible to apply.
- You must have a permanent citizen and should be residing in your home country.
- One must have at least a 2:1 (second-class) Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- You must have an offer letter while applying.
- Hold the first-degree standard of at least upper second class (2: 1); A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in some cases.
Benefits of the scholarship
You would be provided with a full tuition fee waiver.
Additional funds to support the education will be provided.
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
You must apply for a master’s degree program in an eligible university.
You must have to receive an offer letter from the eligible university to apply for the scholarship.
A candidate can access the CSC website to fill out the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship form.
All interested candidates in the Commonwealth Distance scholarship 2021 can apply no later than 10th May 2021.
Denmark Government Scholarships 2021-2022 (Fully Funded)
1. What all does commonwealth scholarships cover?
A Commonwealth scholarship covers fees, approved rent, and personal maintenance. Other scholarships, awards or aid that cover the exact cost cannot be held concurrently. CSC does not require any candidates to take an IELTS (English language) examination.
2. What is the main objective of the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship?
Its primary purpose is to provide education to all those students who are unable to study in the UK and provide training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas contributing to the development needs of the Commonwealth countries.