The Education for Sustainable Energy Production (ESED) scholarship program promotes the next generation to build a sustainable world for innovative minds.
Details of the ESED Scholarship
The ESED scholars are top students from developing countries studying sustainable energy growth. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is further multiplying. Thus, this one-of-a-kind scholarship program rears the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector experts made to tackle future challenges.
Focusing on geographic and gender difference, GSEP has granted 135 awards since the start of the program in 2001. Students must also ensure that they have all the required data and documents on hand to complete their form.
The deadline for applying is 8 March 2021.
Application Requirements – ESED Scholarship
To be qualified for this award, students must meet the following:
- Firstly, to begin a full-time master’s-level study in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transport, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, or other allied fields.
- The students must be seeking full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), starting in autumn 2021. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Further, the student must be a citizen of a developing nation on the List of official development aid recipients named by the DAC of the OECD.
- Lastly, the student must commit to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to add to its progress.
- Above all, the student must be outstanding.
- Graduates with top grades in the best 20% of their class
- Committed to sustainable energy spread
- Has a record of public involvement
- Keen to advance their learning and grasp
The applications open on 8th Jan 2021
Steps to apply for the ESED Scholarship
- Fill in and draw up all the required documents
- Make an account to access the online form
- Fill in the form and upload all required documents
- Submit the application
One must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below with their application :
- Passport (photo page only) / birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae with your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and help in volunteer and/or extracurricular pursuits
- Admission letter from your institute course of choice
- Upload a copy of your official letter of admission from the institute. Please note that each student can only submit the admission letter from their program’s top choice.
- If you have not yet received a letter of admission, you can upload an acknowledgement of your institute’s receipt showing that you have applied.
- Once you receive your official admission letter after the deadline, it is your duty to forward it through email by April 17, 2020. If they do not get your official admission letter by this date, your application will not be counted.
- Also, if the form is for the second year of a two-year course, include proof of enrollment and a copy of the official letter of admission. One should upload these together in one document.
- Suppose the language of your original admission letter is not English. Then, they’d require a certified translation of the document, which holds the translator’s name and a copy of the initial (untranslated) letter. You should upload these in one form.
Areas for ESED Scholarship
- Economics and Business
- Physics and Math
- Society Transportation
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must :
- To take master’s-level studies in sustainable energy development.
- The student is a citizen of a developing nation on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- A student must be committed to returning to their home country/territory after studies to contribute to its development.
- The applicant is an outstanding student.
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Committed to sustainable energy development
- A History of community involvement
- Determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Read About : MBA in Canada with TOEFL
- The ESED Award is a Fully Funded Scholarship.
- The Amount given in the ESED Scholarship is Up to $21,000 US per year (max. two years)
- The Scholarship is given to the top 6 to 10 applicants annually.
FAQs regarding the ESED Scholarship
Q . When is the application last date for ESED Scholarship ?
The application period for the 2021-2022 scholarship will open in early January 2021. The last date to apply will be March 8, 2021, at 23:59 EST.
Q . Is a student allowed to combine this award with other scholarships?
Students who already receive full funding for their studies are not eligible for the scholarship. Students receiving scholarships covering their tuition fees will not be eligible for the full amount of the scholarship.
Q . Can I still apply if I has not yet received an admission letter from the institute?
Yes, you may apply. You must show that you have not yet received the letter from your institute on the application form. You can upload verification of the receipt from the institute showing that you have applied. Students must still give their online application by March 8, 2021. Once you get your admission letter for the course, it is your duty to forward it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 18, 2021. If they do not receive it by this date, your application will not be counted.
Explore more: List of Scholarships without IELTS