Heriot-Watt University Dubai has opened the doors of its brand-new campus at Dubai Knowledge Park. The dedicated campus serves nearly 4,000 students – representing 105 nationalities – who have joined Heriot-Watt seeking research-informed, industry-focused British education of the highest standard in the UAE.
- Best University in Middle East 2019Forbes Middle East Higher Education Awards
- 5-star HEC Rating 2020Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
International students can choose from enticing degrees in computer science, fashion, business, and other fields at Heriot-Watt University Dubai. You will have a personalized education as you pursue your degree thanks to small classes and close contact with teachers.
Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society
To support and strengthen the unheard-of economic boom in the built environment that is spreading throughout the UAE and the Gulf area, the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure, and Society in Dubai offers a wide range of programmes at the undergraduate and graduate level. As the premier research institute in Scotland, United Kingdom, the school enjoys a reputation both nationally and internationally. Professionals engaged in the planning, design, building, sale, and development of the built environment and infrastructure are a good fit for our programmes and disciplines. Our programmes offer entrance into a variety of critically important professions that are both fascinating and offer plenty of possibilities for professional advancement, and all of our courses are taught in a highly flexible manner to match our students’ busy working life.
- Architectural Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Architecture, BA (Hons)*
- Civil Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Real Estate Management and Finance, MA (Hons)*
Engineering and Physical Sciences
The School of Engineering and Physical Sciences (EPS) has an excellent international research reputation and close ties with the professional and industrial world of science, engineering, and technology. Whatever the level of study, our graduates are equipped to take up the challenges facing engineers in the UAE, the wider region, and worldwide. The demand for engineers has never been greater and our graduates work in many sectors including microelectronics, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, mining, aviation, petrochemicals, transport, sustainability, energy, and many more.
- Automotive Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Chemical Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Combined Studies, BSc (Hons)*
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Mechanical Engineering and Energy Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Mechanical Engineering, BEng (Hons)*
- Robotics, Autonomous and Interactive Systems, BEng (Hons)*
Mathematical and Computer Science
Heriot-Watt University is proud of its international reputation in research and the diverse teaching programs offered by a variety of professionals and industrial partners. The school has three departments: mathematics, actuarial mathematics and statistics, and computer science, with an academic staff of 122. More than 1,500 students study at undergraduate, postgraduate taught, and postgraduate research levels across our Edinburgh, Dubai, and Malaysia campuses.
- Computer Science, BSc (Hons)*–Artificial Intelligence, Computer Games Programming, Cyber Security, Data Science & Software Engineering.
- Computer Systems, BSc (Hons)*–Computer Games Programming
- Data Sciences, BSc (Hons)*
- Statistical Data Science, BSc (Hons)*
The School of Social Sciences at Heriot-Watt University comprises of the Edinburgh Business School and the Department of Psychology. We are the largest academic school of Heriot-Watt University and we specialize in research and industry-informed undergraduate and postgraduate teaching across our core disciplines. The Edinburgh Business School offers premium business management education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. With programs in accountancy, business management, marketing, enterprise, finance, logistics, and strategy, we are committed to offering world class university experience that will equip you with the skills to succeed in your chosen industry.
- Accountancy and Finance, MA (Hons)*
- Accountancy, MA (Hons)*
- Business Administration, BBA (Hons)*
- Business and Finance, MA (Hons)*
- International Business Management, MA (Hons)*
- Marketing, MA (Hons)*
- Psychology, BSc (Hons)*- Management
Textiles and Design
The School of Textiles and Design teaches Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees in Design, Fashion, Retailing, and Interior and Architecture Design at our campus in Dubai. The brand new building, opened by the university in 2021, provides the perfect space for collaborative and creative work with cutting-edge design and inspiring spaces round every corner.
- Communication Design, BA (Hons)*
- Fashion Branding and Promotion, BA (Hons)*
- Fashion Marketing and Retailing, BA (Hons)*
- Fashion, BA (Hons)*
- Interior Design, BA (Hons)*
|Application Deadline||August 8, 2022|
|I-20 Transfer Deadline||August 31, 2022|
|Classes Begin||September 12, 2022|
Tuition & Cost
The usual costs shown below are converted to USD as an example only. Housing, dining, and other fees vary by degree program, housing location, and preferences. Tuition cost will vary depending on whether students select a standard, premium, lab or class programme of study.
How To Apply
We offer a streamlined application process for international students. Post-application please contact ForeignAdmits for all inquiries regarding admission status.
- Complete your application-Our advisors walk you through everything you need.
- Submit additional documentation-You’ll be contacted with news on next steps — your admission decision and documentation required to receive your Student Visa Form.
- Apply for your student visa-Prepare for your visa interview and your arrival to the UAE.
We offer a streamlined application process for international students. Post-application please contact email@example.com for all inquiries regarding admission status.
If you do not meet the requirements for direct admission to Heriot-Watt University, you are encouraged to apply here but may be placed in the options available through Heriot-Watt’s Degree Entry Foundation Programme.
|Average GPA (first-year student)||3.0|
|Average GPA (transfer student)||2.5|
|Evidence of English Proficiency||TOEFL: 78 iBT; IELTS: 6.0; iTEP: 4.0 no sub-score below 3.5; PTE: 50; Cambridge: 169; SAT1:1000; IB: 24 points|
|SAT or ACT||Required for certain curricula – American, Thanaweya|
|International Transcript Evaluation (completed by NACES-approved evaluator)||Optional|
|Admission Interview||Not required|
|Other Requirement||Portfolio (for specific program)|
Ask Foreign Admits
1. Is Heriot-Watt hard to get into?
The acceptance rate of Heriot-Watt University is 65% with an ever-increasing student body. The university has a relatively high acceptance rate, which means that an aspirant can make it to the university with a good academic profile.
2. Is Heriot-Watt a prestigious university?
We are ranked in the top 800 in the world (ranked 701-800) and in the UK top 55 (ranked 46-54) by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2022.
3. Why do you choose Heriot-Watt University?
You will learn from world leading academics
Our learning environment seeks to offer you the very best in terms of study programmes, which apply knowledge to real world challenges. We are ranked 270th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2022) and 23rd in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2022).
Heriot-Watt university Dubai is known for its excellent undergraduate programs in several aspects. The college offers the best degree programs that cater to the diverse needs of international students. With a top-notch faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, this college has become a hub for quality education in the country. So, enroll yourself in the upcoming July and join the next batch of August 2023.