For students, this international research internship in Japan is a fully-funded opportunity. Candidates will have a variety of options for how they want to pursue their research experience. Interns will work under the supervision of research professors and contribute to their projects.
The internship is announced twice a year, and candidates can apply according to their feasibility. The selection process is highly competitive and entirely depends on the applicant’s academic background, passion for research, and available funding.
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) internship is a paid internship program. There is no application fee for this internship program.
OIST Internship in Japan 2021-22
These are the details of this internship as given below.
- OIST Graduate School
- 2-6 months
OIST Internship Research Areas
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Quantum Systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Sensory and Behavioural Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Igor Goryanin Biological Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- Information Processing Biology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Quantum Gravity
- Light-Matter Interactions for Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Complexity
- Numerical simulations of laminar and turbulent complex flow
- Marine Climate Change
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Cellular Biology
- Nonlinear Analysis Unit
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research Unit
- Cognitive Neurorobotics
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence Unit
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
- Neurobiology Research
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- G0 Cell Unit
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Bioinspired Soft Matter
OIST Japan Internship Benefits
Some of the advantages of taking this internship are:
- Living Allowance will be provided to the students, 2,400 JPY per day (weekends excluded)
- Roundtrip travel will be provided to Research Interns.
- Research Interns will get support for housing, local registration visa acquisition, and insurance procedures.
Eligibility Criteria of OIST Research Internship 2021
Some requirements need to fulfilled for this internship:
- All excellent and talented students pursuing an Undergraduate or Masters degree in universities, colleges, or vocational schools either in Japan or overseas are encouraged to apply.
- Recent graduates can also apply.
- Candidates enrolled in an eligible university or college program should have approval from their home institution.
- The selection process is highly competitive and will consider the applicants who are either recent graduates or in the final two years of the degree program.
- For the candidates holding highly-developed skills in research, an additional position for the internship will be considered.
Application Process for OIST internship
Following is the process to apply for foe OIST internship:
- The candidates would submit their applications via an online portal.
- After the complete submission of the application, candidates would receive an auto-notification via email.
- Applications would be evaluated and screened throughout the application period.
- After three months of the application deadline, notification of selection will be received by the successful candidate.
- After the final selection for an internship, candidates would cooperate to complete logistics to begin the training.
These documents are required for applying to this internship:
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet
- Personal Statement
- Academic Transcripts
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
- The application deadline for the OIST Internship in Japan 2021-22 is April 15, 2020.
Here, we have answered some questions for your ease.
Q1. How do I get an internship in Japan?
Ans. Determine what city and which industry you would like to complete your internship in. Then, start applying to openings at companies through recruiters and third-party providers. Most companies in Japan start looking for interns at the end of March.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.