Have you just completed your MBBS course? Are you planning to do PG now?
Most of the students in India are quite uncertain about their AIPGMEE results. It is said that only 10% of those who apply for PG in India get enrolled. So, those who want to get enrolled in their desired specialisation is at hard luck.
But do not get stressed out, as you do not need to be a part of this. Avoid the cut-throat competition and choose the path of PG in Germany after MBBS. Germany has recently become the booming hub for all PG aspirants from India.
Indian students can pursue a medical PG in Germany without any tuition fees with world-class education. Medical PG education in Germany is immensely prestigious in the whole world education system. Medical school in Germany has a massive practical approach to it.
Courses Offered by Germany PG Universities
Below is a list of various courses offered by German universities for PG after MBBS:
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Child Health
- Rural Health Care
- Community Health Care
- Clinical Research
- Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Medical Record Technology
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Hearing Language and Speech
- Medical Lab Technology
- Operation Theatre Technology
- OT Technician
- Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion
- Child Health
- Medical Radio-Diagnosis
Why should you choose Germany for your PG after MBBS?
Here are some reasons you could consider Germany as the place to pursue your PG degree after earning an MBBS degree from India.
- Firstly, as an Indian student, you get the opportunity to study PG Germany without any tuition fee.
- You are also getting the chance to study at renowned and prestigious universities.
- The residential programs by medical universities in Germany also give students robust, practical knowledge and training.
- Moreover, the ongoing training process will help you with a high-quality experience and expertise.
- Furthermore, Germany has a world-class healthcare system.
- 5-6 years of practice on medical grounds
- Clinical job training at a hospital approved to conduct medical operations
- Further, the medical PG specialists are given an excellent monthly stipend.
- Students are awarded as “Facharzt” when the training ends.
- You will have a high chance of getting a permanent German Residency.
- Besides, the degree is approved by the German government and is recognised all over the world.
- This also maintains an international benchmark of higher education.
- It further stimulates professional improvement in Indian students.
- Hence, with a high-quality teaching method, Germany is the best place for Indians to do PG.
- Germany also has accommodating and friendly people who will always help you out.
- Above all, Germany has the best professors with immense practical knowledge.
- You will have a great successful career in the medical field when you pursue PG from Germany.
Duration of Studying PG in Germany
- The total duration of PG in Germany is three to four years, depend upon specialisation.
- It is free of cost to study in Germany.
The Medium of Teaching of PG in Germany
- The medium of teaching PG in Germany is German only.
- And, you have to learn B-level German to study PG in Germany.
Intake of the PG Course in Germany
- If you are looking for pursuing a PG course in Germany, your class will start in October.
- This is when winter intake at German PG universities start.
- PG courses are divided into winter and summer semesters.
- Most classes generally start their intake process in the term winter.
Eligibility Criteria for PG in Germany
Here are some of the eligibility criteria you must fall under for admission into the PG course in a German university:
- You must have completed your graduation from India or passed the MCI screening test.
- Usually, the MBBS degrees of other countries are considered the same as German MBBS degree.
- Check your eligibility with the university you are applying to.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- A university MBBS degree with more than average results
Here is a list of documents that you will require during the admission procedure in Germany:
- Scanned mark sheet copies of 10th and 12th standard
- Birth certificate
- A valid passport
- Migration certificate
- Bank statement of your guardian to authenticate that you can afford the course fee and living expense
- Medical certificate that has the complete reports on HIV and vaccinations
- Passport size photographs (at least 4)
- Filled admission form
- Offer letter from the Germany PG university
- MBBS course degree certificate
- Copy of passport translated and notarised in the German language
- Copy of certificate that provides studies translated and notarised in the German language
- Payment to national Centre Account
- Video Interview
- Air tickets to Germany
These are the documents needed, and you must show them at the time of admission. The papers must be 100% original. If there is any problem with any of the document, there might be issues with the admission process. Make sure all documents are in place and produced as and when asked for.
Below we have answered some questions about pursuing your PG in Germany.
Q1. Is the tuition fees free of cost to do PG in Germany?
Yes, the tuition fee is free of cost in Germany for Indian Students. Indians face a lot of problems because of expensive tuition fees in India. Hence, doing PG from Germany is the best option for them.
Q2. Can I practice in India after completion of the PG course?
You can practice in India after completing the PG course if you have passed the MCI screening test. The MCI screening test is conducted after the MBBS course.
Q3. What is the medium of instruction for PG in Germany?
English is the medium of instruction for PG in Germany. However, you have to know the basics of German to study PG in Germany. It is because you need to know German to be able to talk to the patients. So, if you do not understand German, it can be problematic for you.
Q4. Is Germany good for PG?
German universities provide world-class infrastructure and education to all their students. So, yes, PG at German College will be one of the best decisions of your life.
Q5. Do universities provide accommodation?
Yes, the university provides hostel facilities to all the students coming to Germany to study medicine. The hostels are equipped with essential amenities that are needed for accommodation.
This was our complete guide on pursuing your PG from Germany after an MBBS degree from your home country.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.
At ForeignAdmits, we understand how important this decision is. We are here to help you every step of the way, from finding the right school to getting admitted and securing scholarships.
ForeignAdmits have a team of experienced counsellors. We can provide you with customized guidance based on your individual needs contact us today to get started. We look forward to helping you achieve your educational and career goals!