This Blog Includes :
From collecting data to communicating results, data scientists play a crucial role in helping corporations make strategic judgments and optimize results. Therefore, in the business world, data science is used to help corporations understand consumer and market trends. In other fields, data science collects facts but usually has different end goals. Completing a master’s in data science can help you attain a broad skill set that you can apply to many tech-related careers, such as data engineering, data architecture, or computer programming. You can also do side jobs while studying at any university here as well. Therefore, we have come up with a list of top universities which offer Ms in data science in Canada:
The main campus of the University of Waterloo is located on the Haldimand Tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River. For ms in data science, the primary benchmark for eligibility is a four-year Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field, with a minimum overall average of 78% and experience at the senior level in computer science or statistics.
Students lacking a satisfactory background in computer science need to take CS 600 Fundamentals of Computer Science for Data Science. Additionally, students lacking proper knowledge in statistics need to take STAT 845 Statistical Concepts for Data Science.
Saint Mary’s Master of Science in Computing & Data Analytics (MSc CDA) is a graduate-level, 16-month professional course. Applicants should provide evidence for the following criteria to get their admission to the university:
- Applicants need a four-year Bachelor of Science in Computing Science degree (or equivalent in a quantitative field) with a combined GPA equal to 70%
- Letter of Intent clarifying how the program will benefit your educational and career goals
- An up-to-date CV
- Applicants must finish a programming test.
- Applicants must finish a technical interview.
- Additionally,Learners whose first language is not English, who have not attended an English language secondary school or who do not hold a degree completed entirely in English must meet Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research language requirements.
The Department of Computer Science’s faculty is certainly well-known. As a student, you will also have the opportunity to be taught and mentored by seasoned researchers and newcomers who would push the field throughout the program. The university also has minimum requirement criteria for students:
- Four graduate research courses chosen from the course schedules offered to students in the MSc/PhD programs (concentration-dependent)
- Two mandatory professional courses: Communications for Computer Scientists and Technical Entrepreneurship and most importantly, eight months applied research internship.
In conclusion, at the University of Toronto, many stay at their internship company after the program is complete. Others progress on to influential technology-oriented roles at a variety of companies and industries, accepting roles such as:
- Software Engineer
2. Big Data Engineer
3. Platform Architect
4. Applied Machine Learning Researcher
5. Technical Operation Strategist
6. Co-founder and CTO
Carleton University is a national hub for data science research and training. Moreover, Carleton’s location in Ottawa and its long relationship with the city’s technology sector play a key role in creating a highly educated workforce of data science specialists.
Applicants wishing to apply to the collaborative master’s program in Data Science must indicate this in their application(s) to the participating program(s) and also show why they are interested in this course. The duration of the course is 2 years; 16 months for the MBA.
UBC’s Master of Data Science program addresses the workforce gap by equipping students with the technological skills, practical knowledge, and above all, the confidence to grasp opportunities in an ever-expanding field. The course is offered at both the UBC Vancouver campus and the UBC Okanagan campus, with an additional Master of Data Science in Computational Linguistics provided at the Vancouver campus. In addition, the UBC course (MDS) is a 10-month professional degree program. The MDS program ends with a capstone assignment allowing students to apply their newly acquired knowledge while working alongside other students.
If you are looking for the best education counselors for your abroad education, then ForeignAdmits is there to guide you at every step of the admission process. Having the best counselors out there, your dream admit is just a step away.
Want to have a one on one consultation with our top counselor?