MBA or Masters of Business Administration is a postgraduate degree that equips the students with a broad skill set and knowledge that they can use in business and management. For every student who dreams of making it big in the management world and indulges in learning managerial and business-making strategies, he needs to take up the MBA course. Students who study management from reputed colleges enjoy the perks of high employability and countless career options. We hope we can resolve any queries you might have had about fee structure for MBA students in Germany.
US universities first introduced MBA. Since then, the course has taken up the entire world by storm in being the most preferred masters for students and several renowned colleges that provide you with such an opportunity.
Germany is one such country that has the best management colleges and is known to be an arcade where students can indulge in low-cost MBA that too from reputed colleges. MBA is one such course that relies on practical and research-based learning rather than a theoretical one. The MBA students are exposed to different real-life learning experiences that test their critical thinking and decision-making skills and help them with ideas that can improve the final result and skills in understanding the various management-based approaches.
Why choose Germany for your MBA degree?
Germany is a very reputed country for education. It has top universities and exposes the students to various real-life situations, making them into better professionals for tomorrow’s world. Germany is one of the top destinations for students to indulge in an MBA course. The country has several German universities, some of which are top-ranked in the QS rankings.
Top Universities In Germany For Management
Here are a few reasons why you should choose Germany for pursuing an MBA:
- Value of Degree awarded
- Varied educational facilities
- English- speaking courses available
- Large international community
- Low tuition fees
- Affordable living cost
- Great job opportunities
What is the fee structure for MBA courses?
The tuition fee for MBA in Germany depends on whether the institution is a public or a private undertaking.
- As for the public management colleges in Germany, there is no tuition fee charged. Students only have to pay the semester fee, which is around 200-300 Euros per semester. Other than that, there is no fee charged by public institutions.
- As for the private management colleges, the tuition fee varies from course to course depending on whether it is full-time, executive or part-time MBA. For the private management colleges in Germany, the prices generally range from 15k-30k Euros per semester depending on which university have you applied for and which course are you using for.
The total fees for MBA in Germany cost around 25-30 lakhs if applied to private institutions.
Here is a list of average tuition fees at the top-ranked German universities:
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich – average tuition fees 258 EUR/year
- Heidelberg University – average tuition fees 20,000 EUR/year
- Technical University of Munich – average tuition fees 258 EUR/year
- Humboldt University of Berlin – no tuition fees
Cost of living in Germany for a student
Students have to pay between 285 to 580 Euros approximately per month for comfortable accommodation. The average monthly expenses for students will range from 700-800 euros, including rent, utilities, food and drinks, clothing, working materials, travel costs, health insurance, phone, internet, and miscellaneous.
Eligibility criteria for MBA in Germany
Below we have mentioned some essential criteria for pursuing an MBA degree from Germany. However, these may vary from university to university.
- Certificate of completion of the undergraduate degree from a recognised university and college
- The semester transcripts of the grades obtained by the students
- GRE and GMAT scores if asked by the university
- Proof of English language proficiency for English (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Two to three years of professional experience certificate
- Two Letter of Recommendation from reputed faculties
- The motivation letter was written by the candidate.
Which documents are required?
We have compiled a list of documents that you need while taking admission or even applying for aThe candidate wrote the motivation letter German student visa.
- A birth certificate stating the nationality
- Testimonials and Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Passport-sized photographs
- A duly filled application form
- A copy of the first and last page of the passport
- All the academic transcripts
- A detailed description of any academic excellence record
- TOEFL or IELTS score card
- GMAT or GRE scorecard
Top universities for MBA
Several management colleges in Germany can offer you a quality education. The following are the top public management colleges in Germany that do not charge any tuition fees:
- University of Mannheim Business School
- University of Cologne
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig Maximilian University
- Munich RWTH Aachen University
The following are the top private management colleges for Indian students with no-tuition fee:
- European School of Management and Technology
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- GISMA School of Business BSBI
- Berlin School of Business and Innovation
- WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management
Scholarships in Germany for Students
International students can apply for scholarships if they hold an impressive academic record. The applicants have to log in to the official website of DAAD, which lists the available scholarships for international students who want to pursue an MBA in Germany.
Some of the scholarships are:
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship: Awarded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India for 100 Indian students per year with a maximum scholarship of around USD 33K
- Global Study Awards: Awarded by Study Portals, ISIC and British Council
Part-Time Jobs in Germany – All you need to know!
We have answered some questions for your benefit.
Q1. Is studying in Germany expensive?
Ans, No, it is not. The living expenses are a little more. However, the tuition fee for both public and private universities is affordable and cost-effective.
Q2. How much does MBA cost in Germany?
Ans. The annual cost of an MBA in Germany ranges from 17,770 USD to 44,000 USD (the equivalent of 13 lakhs to 33 lakhs INR). MBA graduates from German universities can earn an average salary of 125,000 USD per annum.
Q3. Which exam is required for MBA in Germany?
Ans. GMAT / GRE: Most German MBAs will need a GMAT. There are, however, several MBA programs that do not need a GMAT and are highly recognised. GRE is accepted instead of GMAT. English Language Requirement: Either the IELTS test or the TOEFL test is compulsory.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had about fee structure for MBA students in Germany.