MBA masters in business administration is a two-year post-graduation course. It is so popular among fresh graduates because students from all streams can pursue it.
Many universities in India require the CAT exam scorecard to grant admission into MBA courses, while GMAT is needed to pursue MBA from abroad. Some more popular management entrance exams include MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT etc.
MBA Business Analytics: Key Highlights
Here are some key details regarding the course:
- Full-form: Master of Business Administration Business Analytics
- Duration: 2 years.
- Minimum Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks from a recognised university.
- Admission Process: Entrance-Based
- Top Entrance Exams: CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT etc.
- MBA Business Analytics Subjects: artificial intelligence, decision analysis, statistics, predictive modelling, marketing, and many more.
- Fees: INR 5- 15 LPA
- MBA Business Analytics Salary: INR 8- 16 LPA
- MBA Business Analytics Jobs: Data Scientist, Statistician, Predictive Modeller, Quantitative Analyst, Project Manager, Market Research Analyst, etc
- Top Recruiters: HCL, Google, Godrej, Amazon, Motorola, Oberoi, HP, IndusInd Bank, etc
To be eligible to pursue MBA Business Analytics, the students must meet the following conditions-
- Completed Bachelors with a minimum 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ ST category) from a recognised university.
- Students who are waiting for their final results or are giving their final examination can also apply.
MBA in Artificial Intelligence, design thinking and data analytics
MBA Business Analytics Entrance Exams
It is essential to give an entrance exam to gain admission into MBA Business Analytics and make the cut off selected by the university or college.
Some of the other Entrance Exams are:
- CAT: It is the Common Aptitude Test which is conducted online. It is accepted by most of the Business Colleges, including IITs, IIMs among others.
- MAT: The Management Aptitude Test is conducted four times a year. One can give it in both online and offline mode. Some of the colleges accepting it are NSHM Knowledge Campus, PIET etc.
- NMAT: the Graduate Management Aptitude Council conducts NMAT. It is an online exam taken over 75 days from October to December.
- CMAT: The Common Management Admission Test is a 3-hour online-based exam conducted by The National Testing Agency. It is accepted by colleges such as Great Lakes Institute, IIMR Indore etc.
- XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur conducts it on behalf of XAMI for more than 60 years now. It is a national level aptitude test.
MBA Business Analytics Admission Process
The admission process for most of the top universities like IIMC, IIMB, NIT Trichy, etc., is offered through entrance exams. The exams accepted vary depending on the university. Some of the popular entrance exams are CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT
Below mentioned are the steps of MBA Business Analytics Admission:
Step 1: After completing graduation, applicants are required to clear an entrance exam. Apply for the entrance exams accepted by the colleges you wish to apply for.
Step 2: Appear for the entrance examination.
Step 3: Colleges’ shortlist applicants based on the scores and cut off lists are prepared. You need to clear the cut off to be able to proceed further with the admission process.
Step 4: Once you are done clearing the exam, be prepared for a group discussion, interview, or written ability test. These are conducted to check the skills of the students further.
Step 5: After getting through the entire admission process, you can enrol yourself in the respective college. Enrolment in the college is done after the verification of all the original academic and personal documents.
MBA Business Analytics: Top Universities
Tabulated below are some of the top universities offering this course. Annual fees along with the expected starting salary are also mentioned.
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees (INR)||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Indian Institute Of Management – [Iimb]||Bangalore||23,15,000||20-25.40 LPA|
|Indian Institute Of Management – [Iimc]||Kolkata||2,70,000||23-24.54 LPA|
|NIT Trichy||Tiruchirappalli||14,01,520||15-18 LPA|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||Chennai||16,00,000||14-20 LPA|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||8,50,000||15-17LPA|
|Institute of Management, Christ University||Bangalore||3,79,000||8-12LPA|
|Universal Business School||Karjat||15, 72,805||7-10 LPA|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||3,04,000||8-20 LPA|
|Pune Institute of Business Management||Pune||7,95,000||6- 11 LPA|
|Institute of Management, Nirma University||Ahmedabad||502,000||8.7-13 LPA|
Here, we have answered some questions for your help.
Q1. Does MBA Business Analytics include coding/ programming?
Ans.MBA Business analysts deal with work in the IT sector, but they do not need to know to code, nor do they require it.
Q2. Which is better, an MBA or MS in Business Analytics?
Ans. An MBA in Business Analytics will give you a broader set of future opportunities, while an MS in Business analytics will help score jobs in the data science sector.
Q3. What can you do after an MBA in Business Analytics?
Ans. After completing the degree, you can apply for job opportunities as a data analyst, project manager, market research manager, project modeller, data scientist etc.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.