What is Service Design?
A Service Design MBA Program is a process where designers create sustainable solutions and optimal experiences for both customers in unique contexts and any service providers involved.
The five fundamental principles of Service Design MBA Program areas:
- User-centered – Use qualitative research to design focusing on all users.
- Co-creative – Include all relevant stakeholders in the design process.
- Sequencing – Break a complex service into separate processes and user journey sections.
- Evidencing – Envision service experiences to make them tangible for users to understand and trust brands.
- Holistic – Design for all touchpoints throughout experiences, across networks of users, and interactions
Ever thought of a master’s degree in Service Design?
World University of Design (WUD) brings you the first-ever Masters’ in Business Administration (MBA) degree course in Service Design.
This is a two-year management course of service design at the World University of Design’s Haryana campus.
What are the highlights of the course?
For your ease we have mentioned some details of the course that might give you an insight about this course:
Course Title: MBA in Service Design
Duration: Two years (24 months)
Offered by: World University of Design, Haryana
Fees (approx.): 4,72,00 INR per annum
Job profiles: Design engineer, product designer, information architect, UX researcher
Average salary: 5,00,000 INR per annum
After knowing the details of this course, you would be interested in learning what you will gain after pursuing this two-year management degree in service design.
We have all your answers covered in this blog.
What is the main aim of this course?
This particular course will focus on areas in the design along with social responsibilities as a citizen.
Below are some more points that will clarify what this course will prepare you for.
1. Creation of new consumer services by identifying human needs via Human Centred Design, transformational services, and delivery in complex organisations, for example, in retail, banking and hospitality.
2. Development & innovation in public service and policy in transportation, health and education.
3. Speculative futures to envision radically new services and user experiences driven by technological, environmental and social challenges.
Now that we have caught your eye, let us see how to enrol in this course at the World University of Design.
Candidates who have completed 3/4-year full-time bachelors in Design/ Engineering/Architecture/ Fine Arts or equivalent are eligible to apply.
Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying exams and the results are expected to be declared latest by 31st October can also apply.
The admission will be based on performance in Aptitude Test followed by a personal interview.
How do I get into WUD for an MBA in Service Design?
Getting a seat in WUD is competitive. Although the procedure is minor, it requires much effort from the candidate’s side. Below is the process you have to follow:
Candidates must fill an online admission form and the necessary details and pay a small amount of Rs. 1000 as application fee.
Appear for a test
Candidates who filled the application form will have to appear for an aptitude test conducted by the university to judge their intelligence and capabilities. Candidates passing this test will qualify for the further round, and results will be declared online.
Candidates who successfully clear the aptitude test are shortlisted for a personal interview held on the campus. The interview panel will ask questions related to the field of study selected by the student. Creative evidence (portfolio, drawings, photographs, crafts etc.) in hard copy may also be showcased for effectiveness.
Offer of admission
Students who further qualify for the personal interview round are offered admission into this course. The offer letter for admission will be sent via email, and other details regarding the payment of fees and hostel charges will also be included in the same.
World University of Design Scholarship 2021
The World University of Design offers various scholarships to deserving candidates. Candidates can check the table given below for more details on scholarships available in the university.
|Name of the Scholarship||Criteria for Scholarship|
|Merit Scholarship||Given to those candidates who have cleared aptitude test and interview.|
|Special Scholarships||20% of fee amount for Wards of Defence Personnel, Wards of Serving Teachers, Single Girl Child, Sports, and Performing Arts.|
We have answered some questions about service design which will help you make an explicit and informed decision.
Q1. Why choose WUD?
Ans. Here’s why WUD would be the best choice for you:
- WUD recognises the potential of design in every field and offers the most diverse creative careers options provided in any institution in India.
- WUD has a campus solely dedicated to innovative education and offers maximum exposure to creative opportunities with trans-disciplinary learning and the availability of like-minded people around all the time. It is the first dedicated university of design in India.
- WUD has renowned academicians, researchers and professionals as faculty members.
- It offers a choice-based flexible credit system in an inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary environment.
- WUD has world-class infrastructure and amenities that help students excel in education with quality of life.
- WUD students get to work on live consultancy projects.
- Emphasis is laid on character building and grooming students into responsible global citizens.
Q2. How do I become a service designer?
Ans. There are three generic steps that you can follow to pursue a career as a service design. Firstly, explore the foundation and read and learn. Secondly, engage with the community and grow your social network and lastly, build your skills and gain experience.
Q3. What is the average salary for a product designer?
Ans. The average salary of a product designer in India is somewhere around 8,00,000 lakh per annum, along with incentives that vary from company to company and depend on your designation.
Q4. What are the types of service design?
Ans. The seven elements of service design are:
- Market research
- Service strategy
- Service marketing
- Customer experience
- Customer service
- Business process
This was our guide on pursuing a Service Design MBA Program from the World University of Design.
Furthermore, we hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had. You can get into contact with our counsellors at ForeignAdmits for more assistance and questions.