The Internet has become the most inevitable part of our lives. It has made the entire world one global village. Hence, digital marketing is needed. Nowadays people spend more time on the internet than outside and if you want to promote a certain product the best way is to post it on the internet. Digital marketing plays a key role in most companies today and the sector is growing, thus there is a lot of scopes here. Hence, it is the right time to get a degree in digital marketing and add value to your resume. Therefore, we have penned down this blog on MBA in Digital Marketing, top colleges, eligibility criteria, and it’s scope.
Also Read: Career in Digital Marketing
Get admission into top universities for digital marketing with ForeignAdmits. We help students to get admission in top institutes abroad and in India, we also help them to bag scholarships and grants and fully funded programs. Hence, connect with us and build a bright future.
What is MBA in Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is marketing on social media, the internet, etc. It includes marketing through social media posts, emails, Facebook, GIFs, search engines, etc. the marketing techniques used in digital marketing are search engine optimisation (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), email marketing, content media marketing, social media marketing (SMM), PPC advertisement, affiliate marketing, etc.
Also Read: MBA in USA without Work Experience
An MBA in digital marketing is a 2 year and a full-time course that focuses on different aspects of digital marketing mentioned above. Anyone with a bachelor’s in any specialisation can opt for this course but the minimum percentage required for admission should be 50 to 60%.
Also Read: What is Taught in Data Science Course?
Why Choose MBA in Digital Marketing?
Anyhow the marketing experts are always in demand out there, but digital marketing has changed the entire game. It opens up various lucrative job opportunities. You can work both online and offline, you can choose to be a freelancer and be your own boss. The salaries can go as high as 10 to 20 lakh per annum.
It also gives you the chance of switching careers. You can choose to be a content writer from a marketing specialist, or brand marketing, etc. The job will never let you get bored. It has so much to learn and is ever-evolving.
Also Read: MBA without CAT – Here Are All Your Options
Further, digital marketing jobs are versatile, dynamic, and creative. These are jobs for the younger generation of skilled people. The learning process never stops in this field and it has n number of specialisations available. You can gain multiple specialisations to increase your worth and pay.
Lastly, you can start your own agency of digital marketing, only after gaining enough experience. Make your own brand and push it forward with MBA in digital marketing. Then you can enjoy flexible timings and a versatile work environment.
Also Read: Masters in Quantum Computing
Eligibility for MBA in digital marketing
The eligibility criteria for admission into MBA in digital marketing are very relaxed. Basically, any candidate can take admission after fulfilling the following criteria:
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree of minimum three-year duration with an overall percentage not less than 60%. A bachelor’s degree can be any discipline related to or unrelated to digital marketing.
- Candidates should qualify for any national entrance examinations prescribed by the university such as CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, etc.
Also Read: PG Diploma in Data science in Canada
After qualifying the eligibility criteria you can apply to any of the top institutes mentioned in the section below. Some institutes conduct their own entrances and the candidate is supposed to qualify for that entrance. Though most of the other colleges accept CAT exam and hence it is advisable to give and qualify for CAT.
Also Read: Exams for MBA Abroad: Complete Guide
After that the results of the entrance and declared along with the cut-off, if you manage to qualify and top in the entrance then you are short-listed.
Next, the shortlisted candidates are called for further rounds of selection such as the group discussion, writing ability test, and personal interview. Thus, if all goes well then you will get admitted into the college.
Also Read: Masters in Cybersecurity in India
Top institutes for MBA Digital Marketing
Here is a list of the top institutes that you can apply for an MBA in Digital Marketing in India:
- Indian Institute of Digital Education, Mumbai
- IIKM Corporate Business school, Chennai
- Rayat Bahra University, Ajitgarh, Punjab
- RVS Institute of Management Studies and Research, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Suryadatta Institute of Business Management, Pune
- RIMT University, Punjab
- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Integral University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Centurion University of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
Syllabus of MBA in Digital Marketing
The following topics are covered in an MBA in Digital Marketing:
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Creating websites
- Planning of website
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Google Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content marketing
- App store optimisation
- Blogging and AdSense
- Social media marketing
- Organic and paid marketing on FB, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Social listening
- Video marketing (Scripting, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok videos)
- YouTube SEO
- Email, mobile, and affiliate marketing
- Influencer and podcast marketing
- Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Soft skills (interview, resumes, presentation, excel, and ppt), and agency skills (approaching clients, pitching media agencies, agency visit, and management, etc)
The MBA in digital marketing opens various opportunities such as e-commerce, service providers, online delivery companies, digital marketing consulting firms, etc. the job roles one can take up are brand manager, digital marketer, advertisement marketing, content marketer, market research analyst, public relation manager, etc. In addition, the highest salary is for the sales manager which is INR 10 lakh per annum. The average salary is INR 5 to 6 lakh per annum.
In conclusion, there is a scope for an increase in job opportunities in the digital marketing sector. Hence, this is the right time to invest and equip yourself with the required skills.
Also Read: Online courses in HRMS