Can you pursue an MBA after BA? Why MBA after BA is a good choice? Let’s dive deep into it and understand all the aspects of earning an MBA degree after BA!
Pursuing an MBA after completion of your undergratuate degree sounds exciting and a viable option.
But, many students have a misconception that MBA is a suitable career path only for science and commerce students.
However, that’s not true.
Is MBA after BA a Good Idea?
Firstly, if you are pursuing BA or have completed your graduation in BA, then MBA is an effective option to you as much as it is for the students of other streams.
Secondly, you might think that science and commerce students have an edge over you and jumping into MBA would be like getting into a very different world without any relation to your BA degree. But you might be wrong here. There are various specifications in MBA and even commerce and science students are exposed to new subjects and challenges.
Thirdly, MBA is open to students of all streams. MBA is all about management, administration and organisation and it embraces diversification.
Know all that you need to know about MBA.
Finally, MBA is a universal program having a wide variety of specializations within. If you really want to have a career in Business Administration then, there should be no problem in pursuing MBA after BA.
Next, you need to choose a specialisation.
List of Specialisations Offered in MBA After BA
The following are the list of specializations offered in an MBA program:
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Healthcare Management
- International Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Interior Designing
- Airport Management
- Information Technology
- Aviation Management
- Power Management
- Material Management
- Media Management
- Data Analytics
- Energy Management
- Computer Science
- Pharmaceutical Management
You can pick any specialisation of your choice. However, it is advised not to choose the specialisation which are too technical in nature.
For this, you can always turn towards foreignadmits for resolving your queries. As the question is about your career, you are entitled to authentic guidance.
What are the best MBA courses?
Eligibility Criteria for MBA after BA
The eligibility criteria for MBA after BA is :
- Firstly, Minimum of 50% in your under graduation is required to apply for various entrance exams.
- Secondly, Some business schools might also ask for work experience for selecting students for their MBA programs.
- In addition to this, Personal interviews and group discussions are also part of the selection process.
Entrance Exams for MBA after BA in India
Here are the most popular entrance exams to pursue MBA after BA in India:
CAT or Common Admission Test is the computer based exam conducted by IIMs for admissions into prestigious business schools in India.
It consists of 3 sections namely
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is the entrance examination conducted by Xavier Institute of Management which opens door to various MBA colleges in India.
It consists of 4 sections namely
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Verbal and Logical Ability
The Management Aptitude Test, is conducted by All India Management Association through which students gain admissions into various universities in India.
MAT consists of 5 sections namely:
- Language Comprehension
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Mathematical Skills
- Indian and Global Environment
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Top Colleges in India to Pursue MBA after BA
Below are the colleges in India to pursue MBA after BA :
- Indian Institute of Management (Multiple Locations)
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management
- FMS Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Management Development Institute
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Indian School of Business
- International Management Institute
- Institute of Management Technology
- T. A. Pai Management Institute
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
- SIBM Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development
Top Universities to Pursue MBA Abroad
If you want to pursue your MBA abroad, then these are some of the top-notch universities :
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- The Wharton School of Business
- London Business School
- HEC Paris MBA
- IE Business School
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Columbia Business School
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Said Business School
You can check out the rankings for these universities here: Global University Rankings
Most importantly, the entrance examinations to pursue your MBA after BA abroad are GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE.
It does not matter in which stream you have completed your graduation. If you want to make your career in business, management, and other related fields, then MBA after BA is a great option. If you want a guidance from a mentor, reach out to foreignadmits for career guidance and mentorship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can we pursue an MBA after completing our BA?
Ans. Yes, MBA programmes are available after graduating from the Humanities, Science and Commerce, streams. To apply for several MBA admission examinations, you must have a minimum score of 50%.
Q2. Is an MBA worthwhile after a BA?
Ans. An MBA degree following any undergraduate course works wonders for job options and breadth. MBA students having a technical knowledge can broaden their work opportunities to include technical business administration, production management, and even more.
Q3. Is an MBA tough for students of the arts?
Ans. No, not at all. Some themes will be simple to grasp, while others will be difficult. For example, arts students find accounting simple, whereas engineering students find operations simple. So select your specialization wisely.