The competition and number of engineers are increasing by the day. Here, we explore the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students.
Vital Elements of Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
- Conducted By: Tata Education and Development Trust
- Eligibility: Senior secondary level pass-outs
- Region: India
- Rewards: Financial grant covering the tuition fees
- Last Date of Application for the year 2021 is 15th March 2021
The Tata Education and Development Trust has started an initiative that provides financial aid to students to pursue their Undergraduate Engineering Degree at Cornell University with a scholarship named Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students. Up to twenty scholarships for Engineering are provided to the meritious and deserving young students every year to study abroad. The application process for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering is open between October to January every year.
Important dates of Deadlines
The ‘Eary Decision’ deadline is usually on 1 November of the previous year of the course’s commencement. The ‘Regular Decision application deadline is generally on 2 January of the same year of the course’s start. The final transfer Deadline is generally in the second week of March of the same year of the course’s commencement.
The Eligibility criteria
- The applicant should be an Indian national who is enrolled in a 4-year Undergraduate program at Cornell University, New York.
- The candidate should be an Indian national and should have attended senior secondary school in India.
- The applicant should be eligible for need-based financial aid.
- The applicant should have an excellent academic record.
- Preference is given to those applicants who have enrolled in the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, the Applied Economics, the College of Engineering; and Management major in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business; and majors across colleges in the biological sciences, hard sciences, physical sciences, and social sciences.
The applicable courses for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students:
Bachelor of Science in:
- Engineering Physics
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Chemical Science
- Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Economics
The Rewards and Benefits for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
The following is a detailed list of all the benefits of the Scholarship for Engineering Students:
- Firstly, up to 20 deserving students receive the scholarship each year.
- Further, the student gets the scholarship amount on the candidate’s financial need, and it can be used for tuition fees.
- This scholarship goes to the students annually for the entire duration of the course.
- Moreover, for the 5-year program in Architecture with ten semesters, the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering grant goes for up to 8 semesters only.
- No Additional funding due to double degrees or double majors happens.
- Finally, all other expenses apart from the tuition fees like the Living Expense/ Accommodation/ Air Fare/ Travel Expenses/Spouse care/ Child care/ Health Cover/ Application fees and any other fee are not covered under the scholarship.
The Application Process for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
The following is a step by step guideline for the application process for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students:
- Firstly, to apply for the scholarship, the applicant should complete the admission application for an undergraduate engineering program.
- The applicant should then apply for financial aid by completing the ‘Financial aid application process for international students at Cornell University.
- The applicant should register for financial assistance at Cornell University when applying for the course at Cornell University.
- Suppose the applicant does not register for financial assistance when applying for the course at Cornell University. In that case, the applicant will not be eligible to apply for the scholarship at any time during the course.
- The applicant must further complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS).
- The CSS profile further shows a clear picture of the applicant’s financial needs to the respective colleges/ universities. It also helps in deciding the amount needed for making their education affordable.
- The Office of Financial aid may request additional information about the applicant, such as study plans, academic records, funding documents, financial documents, and a scholarship essay.
- The applicant should email the CSS Fee Waiver request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the respective application deadline.
The Documents required for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
- Complete College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile of the candidate
- Funding documents
- Financial documents
- Academic record
- A scholarship essay
The Renewal Requirements for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
The renewal requirements for the students who are already availing of the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students are
- The scholarship renewal requirements becomes due on 1 March of every year.
- The deadline is also provided to get a timely notification regarding their eligibility for the financial aid and prepare for the upcoming academic year’s tuition billing and payment cycle.
- If the students’ application materials are received after the deadline, their university grant aid eligibility further decreases by 500$ with a corresponding increase in the loan.
- For each additional month delay in the application material, a further 500$ decrease in the university grant aid is imposed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Who may apply for a Tata scholarship?
Ans. Candidates must be Indian nationals. Applicants for the Tata Scholarship must have completed secondary education in India. One must establish their eligibility for a need-based monetary award.
Q2. Is Ratan Tata a scholarship giver?
Ans. Sir Ratan Tata Trust scholarship programs are available to research or study in India. There are several scholarships and internships available to overseas students.
Q3. What is the Tata scholarship for?
Ans. For the four-year course, the Tata scholarship will be offered yearly. Tuition and yearly course costs are covered by the scholarship grant. The grant is only available to B. Arch candidates for eight semesters.