This Blog Includes :
Being a student and applying to multiple universities you must’ve come across something called a self-declaration form. What is a self-declaration form? What’s the purpose of it? How does one write a self declaration form for scholarships? What are the do and don’ts? This article here is curated to be your one-stop solution to all your doubts regarding self declaration forms for scholarships.
What is a Self Declaration?
A self declaration is a statement where you as a student officially sign saying that all the information that you have provided in the form is true and if found false the sole blame for forgery will be upon you.
The need for a self-declaration form can vary. It is used in several scholarship forms and admission application forms. A spike in the usage of self-declaration forms was observed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. People travelling in flights needed to sign a self-declaration form that they have not been tested positive for COVID-19 in the past three months, NEET aspirants signing similar self-declaration forms to give NEET 2020 examination, etc.
Also see MBA Entrance Exam Abroad.
What is the Need of a Self Declaration Form?
It is to reassure and guarantee the examination council and universities that you as a student is not participating in or promoting any ill acts against the set rules and regulations and to make sure you have not resorted to lying in your application (including a FREE sample).
In the case of Self Declaration Form for Scholarship, it is to assure the university that you belong to a certain section of minority as per section 2(C) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
How to write a Self Declaration?
A self-declaration form should have genuine information in it. Make sure you cross-check everything and get it verified if necessary. Now, how to write a self-declaration form for a scholarship? Here’s a step-wise guide on it:
- Firstly, fill your phone no., address, name and any other demographic data asked in it.
- Secondly, fill the blank of the main self-declaration statement where you will claim to be of the minority community (or any other requirement as per the self-declaration type)
- Thirdly, include the date and place from where you are filling the self declaration form for scholarship.
- Fourthly, sign the document in the column of signature and write your name in the column where it asks for the name of the candidate.
- At last, re-check everything and make sure the form is genuine and free of errors as it may lead to a case of forgery and legal action might be taken against it.
Free Sample of Self Declaration Form for Scholarship
SELF DECLARATION OF MINORITY COMMUNITY BY STUDENTS UNDER SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
I, __________________________Son/Daughter/of________________________ Resident of (full address) __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________ hereby declare that I belong to the___________________________________________ (Muslims/Sikhs/Christians/Buddhists/Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) which is a notified minority community as per Section 2(C) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992).
Signature of Candidate: ______________
Name of Candidate: ______________
Things to Keep in Mind While Writing a Self Declaration:
- Do not add false information. Since, self declaration form for Scholarship is a legal document; forging false information in it can lead to a permanent blacklist of your application or criminal action against you.
- Check for spelling errors or other mistakes.
- If signing manually, make sure your signature and other information is neatly filled. Do not over-write or overlap words.
- Use the right format while filling Self declaration form for scholarship. The form you pick must fulfil your criteria of need.
As we went through why a self-declaration is required and what purpose it serves, it must’ve been clear that it is nothing but an official statement given by you as an individual that you would not lie while applying anywhere. Such declarations are also taken into account at workplaces and courts, so make sure you are truthful and follow the set rules and regulations. Need help with your Self Declaration form for a Scholarship? Get in touch with ForeignAdmits to get your profile evaluated now!