The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 to aid developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centred, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – to encourage self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
OPEC Fund International Internship
The OPEC Fund’s international internship programme aims to provide interns with opportunities in various departments such as risk management, finance operations, financial management, economic services, information technology, strategic planning, administration, and internal audit.
The OPEC Fund Internship Program offers many research opportunities in addition to work in specific departments.
Candidates applying from the member countries of Austria will be preferred. Candidates from 19 to 25 years will be eligible to apply. All candidates should be highly motivated to work under the supervision of professionals at OPEC Fund.
OPEC Fund Internship Program 2021 in Austria
Here are some critical details of the OPEC internship of 2021
The country hosting this is Austria.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is an organisation in Austria hosting this internship.
Tasks on Internship
These are the tasks you will need to undertake while on the internship
- Conducting research
- Assisting employees at OPEC
- Writing documents
- Organising information
Areas of Internship
There are various areas from which you can choose your interested internship. They are given below.
- Strategic planning
- Economic services
- Internal audit
- Human resources
- Public sector operations
- Private sector
- Trade finance operations
- Grants Management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Legal services
- Information technology
The age limit to apply to this internship is 19 to 25 years.
Duration of Internship in Europe
The duration of the entire internship is Two to Six months.
Eligibility Criteria of OPEC Fund Internship Program 2021 in Austria
To apply to this OPEC Fund Internship, you need to comply with some criteria which are mentioned below
- All international candidates are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have a Bachelors degree or enrolled in a Masters degree program.
- The candidate must be good at speaking English.
- Having command of French, Arabic, or Spanish language will be an additional point for the applicant.
- The candidate must have command of Microsoft Office.
- They must be interested in working with OPEC Fund
- The candidate must be able to adjust to a diverse cultural organisation.
- The candidate must be willing to work under the core values of the OPEC Fund.
Benefits of OPEC Fund Internship Program 2021 in Austria
Below are mentioned some points as the benefits of getting this internship
- All interns will get the assistance of professionals in completing their assignments and research.
- Interns will get immersive experience by working at an international organisation.
- Interns will learn about the visions, values, and missions of the OPEC Funds.
How to Apply for OPEC Fund Internship Program 2021 in Austria?
- All interested candidates must visit the official website, create an account and fill out the application form.
- One must fill out an application in the English Language.
Successful candidates must present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or an equivalent certificate proving he/they will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
Due to many applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must be
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
The candidate has to submit the following documents in English
The candidate is required to submit these documents
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent,
- A copy of university transcripts,
- A short statement in English (150-250 words)
- Applications have been opened since 20 March 2021.
We truly hope we were able to resolve any queries you might have had.